The Facebook Notification You Never Want To See

HardOCP News

[H] News
Greetings from Facebook! Your account has been hacked by North Korea. Please change your settings from "allow hacks" to "hacks off." :D

We do this because these types of attacks tend to be more advanced and dangerous than others, and we strongly encourage affected people to take the actions necessary to secure all of their online accounts.

Use 2 factor authentication wherever you can. It makes me very sad that my banking website is less secure than my Steam or Blizzard game accounts.

So one of the reasons someone might see this message from Facebook is their smartphone has malware and Facebook's solution is to send a security code to said infected smartphone. :confused:

Plus I love Facebook's assumption that everyone has a smartphone and wants Facebook to know about it.

I got the status I didn't want to see yesterday. Someone I know who just turned 18 passed away on Saturday. Car accident. Preventable. Stuff like this at makes me sad since I'm in my 30s. It hits to think all the stuff she will miss being able to do that comes from leaving the home.

I got the status I didn't want to see yesterday. Someone I know who just turned 18 passed away on Saturday. Car accident. Preventable. Stuff like this at makes me sad since I'm in my 30s. It hits to think all the stuff she will miss being able to do that comes from leaving the home.

Yeah, it's a shame. I've known a lot of people that have ended their lives early in car accidents.

"Note: This only prevents hacks from North Korea. Any snooping around in your private data by any U.S. agency is, of course, still permitted."

"Note: This only prevents hacks from North Korea. Any snooping around in your private data by any U.S. agency is, of course, still permitted."

Well considering the only site in my feed that might have interested them just banned me I am not too worried about that one ... but if they are looking then hopefully all those cat pictures, inspirational messages, and snarky jokes will help improve their mental condition :D

I thought nobody wanted to see any Facebook notification, ever.

With North Korea, I would not screw around. Simply being caught with a Bible or any scripture is punishable by immediate death. That is an extremely dangerous part of the world to be a Christian in. :(

With North Korea, I would not screw around. Simply being caught with a Bible or any scripture is punishable by immediate death. That is an extremely dangerous part of the world to be a Christian in. :(

are a mormon or something?

Doesn't matter what religion, in NK, having any other religion is dangerous when the "God" they want you to have is a living human being, a psychopathic megalomaniacal one at that.

I am a Christian. North Korea is a very dangerous place.

Indeed it is. It's also very far away from the Christian world. What's your point?

Doesn't matter what religion, in NK, having any other religion is dangerous when the "God" they want you to have is a living human being, a psychopathic megalomaniacal one at that.

Not a NK thing. All communist countries actively discourage(d) religion to some degree. One of the few good things they managed. Not that it lasted that long.

Indeed it is. It's also very far away from the Christian world. What's your point?

Not a NK thing. All communist countries actively discourage(d) religion to some degree. One of the few good things they managed. Not that it lasted that long.

Christianity is world wide, what's your point? Oh, and in North Korea, simply being caught with scripture means death that very same day, your point?

Simply being caught with a joint means jail time in most of world, even death sentence in some countries. Your point?

That we are speaking about North Korea, your point? (And facebook.)

I wasn't the one who brought the bible in this thread for no good reason.

Really? No good reason? Not my problem that you have a problem with it.

I'm not sure what the fuck religion or the bible had to do with this topic at all either. Nobody cares about your preferences, point is, it's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

On-topic: If an individual is being targeting by government and sees this alert, I think they're in much deeper shit than a notification will convey.

I'm not sure what the fuck religion or the bible had to do with this topic at all either. Nobody cares about your preferences, point is, it's irrelevant to the topic at hand.

On-topic: If an individual is being targeting by government and sees this alert, I think they're in much deeper shit than a notification will convey.

Wow, nice, you really now how to hit them out of the park. :D Fact is, this is North Korea, not just any old government so simply being warned on Facebook in that country would probably mean you have nothing to worry about. (You would be pretty much not found long before something would ever occur on Facebook.)

Back