E-Ink Touchscreen Computer That Wraps Around Your Arm

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I never thought I’d see snap bracelets again, let alone one with a digital display.

It functions a lot like a smartwatch, but with the added ability to curve and bend. It’s also one of the first bendable touchscreen displays with a kind of technology that, if it catches on in the market, could open up new ways to make electronics that can flex like paper without damaging the display.

With the title 'wraps around your arm' I was hoping for a pipboy. Disappointed it's just another watch.

Seems nice with an always-on display.
I'd like to see a rugged/water-proof version of this to use while working on a boat or surfing. Would be neat having a Hanes manual on my wrist while working on my car or bike too

I am looking forward to them being able to put color into the basic product.

I've read the refresh rate is really low, not so good for video or games, lots of products that would not matter.

Pretty nifty technology in the display. Depending on price I might pick one up.

If they really can hit that price point "less expensive then the least expensive apple watch" These things will sell like crazy.
Anyone that has used a kindle knows eink is the perfect screen for a watch device. If you want to watch video break out your phone... its not like if your using a smartwatch you don't have a bigger screen in your pocket.
Eink is just so much easier to read at a quick glance, which is what you want in an actual time piece.
First smart watch type device I could honestly see myself using.

E-ink is coming back! :D

I was hoping for e-books to all have a colour e-ink models, but it seems people didn't like it that much.

If the wrap-around catches on, we'll start to see various flexible displays. No more static curved monitor. You'll be able to curve it the way you want to. Think about those advertisement banners? You won't need to get a new printer out when you can change the imagine electronically.

Now, how does it work in low light and what about waterproof? The display itself is waterproof, but the rest will require some sort of resistance.

I am more interested in other application then on the wrist.

If it's at a good price and flexible custom software, I could wrap it around my drinking cup :)

e-ink is amazing. the brighter it is outside, the better and more readable it is. perfect

Back