Uber Wins High Court Case Over Taxi App

HardOCP News

[H] News
I can't believe it. We are almost all the way through this week with nothing but positive Uber news stories! :D

Uber described the ruling as a victory for common sense and took aim at plans by TfL to impose new regulations on the company. “Now the high court has ruled in favour of new technology, we hope Transport for London will think again on their bureaucratic proposals for apps like Uber,” said Jo Bertram, Uber’s regional general manager for UK, Ireland and the Nordics.

Don't worry Steve, for every one Uber victory there seems to be at least 2-3 defeats. The guy in this case can talk smack all he wants, enjoy the taste of victory while he can. :D

Don't worry Steve, for every one Uber victory there seems to be at least 2-3 defeats. The guy in this case can talk smack all he wants, enjoy the taste of victory while he can. :D

Heh, I am really pulling for them, this is the first time in forever that Uber went a week without bad news.

This doesn't make sense:

"Ouseley said that while the smartphone using the driver’s app may be essential to enable the calculation of fares, that did not make it a device “for” calculating fares, which would breach the taximeter prohibition."

Just because the smartphone does other things doesn't mean it isn't also a taximeter.

I suppose that in London one's smart phone is simply a phone. I wonder if someone bootlegging a movie with a cell phone would be afforded the same legal standing since it is a smart phone and not a video recording device.

Back