Overwatch Beta This Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
Those of you looking forward to Overwatch will be happy to hear that Blizzard is rolling out the beta later this month. Hit the link for sign up information.

We're aiming to accomplish two primary goals with our public beta test: First, get tons of top-notch feedback on the gameplay—including balance, feel, and fun—to help us make Overwatch the best team-based shooter on the planet. Second, we want to hammer the heck out of our tech, including stress-testing our server infrastructure and making sure the game runs great on the widest variety of systems possible.

It's funny - I was super excited for this when the first information came out, but the more I've seen the less interested I became.

Stuns and slows in an FPS? Seriously blizzard?

It's funny - I was super excited for this when the first information came out, but the more I've seen the less interested I became.

Agreed. I want to like this but it just doesn't look appealing to me. Maybe trying the beta might change my mind (if i get in) but who knows.

When you look closely, every Blizzard game has nearly the exact same mechanics.

Yeah, I know. I really just want something to replace TF2, since valve's been busily coating that game in raw sewage for the last half a decade.

I'll try it out. Blizzard has few games enough and they all are interesting for a time.

I've been signed up for the beta for a while. I'm really hoping to get into it. The graphic style seems to work really well for the game and it looks to have satisfying mechanics and damage feedback.

There are a lot of TF2 clones out there, but Overwatch screams first person hybrid shooter/MOBA to me. The only things they lifted from TF2 are the play modes and maybe the artistic style.

Yeah, I know. I really just want something to replace TF2, since valve's been busily coating that game in raw sewage for the last half a decade.

fortress forever. If you played TFC, QWTF, or enemyTF you will love it. It's what TF2 should have been.

There are a lot of TF2 clones out there, but Overwatch screams first person hybrid shooter/MOBA to me. The only things they lifted from TF2 are the play modes and maybe the artistic style.
And all their classes.

I don't like Blizz anymore, and I'm sure this will have the same issues that all their other games have these days(like NickJames said); but I have a feeling that this game is going to be BIG and steal a lot of TF2's playerbase. "Too big to fail"

Told my coworker with 5k+ TF2 hours that he should check this out. I'm wondering if Valve is prepping a sequel themselves, or if they're just enjoying their free steam money.

FF really doesn't play anything like TF2 ever did. I'm not sure why you'd recommend it as a replacement.

but I have a feeling that this game is going to be BIG and steal a lot of TF2's playerbase.

That's like saying the next COD will steal from the CS:GO playerbase. My gut is that the people that still play TF2 now (eight years, and I'm one of em.) aren't looking for a replacement. The community is keeping the game alive more than Valve is at this point.

But I signed up for the beta. If it feels like a honest-to-god FPS, I'll give it a whirl. But I'm not convinced Blizzard can pull it off.

And all their classes.

I don't like Blizz anymore, and I'm sure this will have the same issues that all their other games have these days(like NickJames said); but I have a feeling that this game is going to be BIG and steal a lot of TF2's playerbase. "Too big to fail"

Told my coworker with 5k+ TF2 hours that he should check this out. I'm wondering if Valve is prepping a sequel themselves, or if they're just enjoying their free steam money.

Yeah hearthstone pulling in 20+ mil a month is plagued with issues right?

Signed up, definitely piques my interest. Will see how good it ends up being.

FF really doesn't play anything like TF2 ever did. I'm not sure why you'd recommend it as a replacement.

He didn't mention it as a replacement for TF2, he mentioned it as an alternative. I haven't played FF myself, but TF2 doesn't play anything like TFC, QWTF, or any of the other variants out there. It's not just an art style thing either. I played the hell out of quakeworld TF and then TFC, could never get into TF2 because every time I tried it just seemed.. off.

Back