Woman Drives Drunk Live On Social Media

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the award for "stupid criminal of the day" goes to this lady. Thanks to Philip Dias for the link.

LPD doesn't provide officers with access to Periscope as an authorized software tool and they didn't have the ability to monitor her actions. One officer took the initiative to download it and open up a personal account in an effort to locate the driver. The incident has sparked LPD to train their officers on how to use Periscope and emerging technology, so they'll be ready when something else like this occurs.

She needs to be sterilized. Anyone doing something this idiotic has no business reproducing, or, for that matter, voting.

Important safety tip ... if you are committing a crime do not film it and post it on social media ... although we could create a new Darwin category for these bozos :D

Awww man, her video was stopped before the *Police Siren* "Ohhh shit...."

Easy to slam others for their bad decisions but, I would imagine no one here would want the same thing happening to them. (I assume no one here drives drunk, right?) Well, I did not read the article but it looks like no one was hurt and she was stopped before someone could get hurt. Personally, I would prefer more drunk drivers do it live so we can get them off the road.

She needs to be sterilized. Anyone doing something this idiotic has no business reproducing, or, for that matter, voting.

I've said a lot of western countries should offer 18-25 year olds a free iPad/Xbox/PS4 or similar if they get themselves sterilised.

They would be lined up round the block and it would save the country a fortune in years to come.

Would help weed out the gene pool a little.

As stupid as she was for driving drunk, she was at least smart enough to give people (and police) the tools to catch her. Even if her doing so was inadvertent.

Hopefully this will be her last episode of driving under any sort of influence.

I've said a lot of western countries should offer 18-25 year olds a free iPad/Xbox/PS4 or similar if they get themselves sterilised.

They would be lined up round the block and it would save the country a fortune in years to come.

Damn, iI'm 34, can I get in on this deal?

Well I won't go so far as to say she should be sterilized, I'm not sure what DWI laws are there but I would hope suspended license in the range of a year should be handed down if this is a first offense.

Unfortunately drunk drivers are not as rare as people think. Not too long ago someone didn't stop and slammed into another car at the corner up the street from me, and he was majorly freaking out, and when he heard sirens he dropped a baggy over the sewer drain, then actually got down and started to push it through the grate. As soon as the police/ambulance showed up, I kindly let them know that they should probably take that guy's blood at the hospital (he went in the meat wagon) and let them know he was stuffing a baggy into the drain. Unfortunately they shined a flashlight in there and didn't really care much to go further than that.

Important safety tip ... if you are committing a crime do not film it and post it on social media ... although we could create a new Darwin category for these bozos :D

But Persicope is only live like snapchat. Can't possibly be recorded.
:\

Be grateful that it didn't end up like this incident. Be sure to watch the video right to the end. Very much NSFW - not from swearing but from general content.

Problem is most western countries have scarily low birth rates, leading to aging populations and no one to take care of said aging populations.

In the U.S. we aren't quite there yet, but Europe mostly is, and Japan CERTAINLY is.

Most western countries need to do everything in their power to get their citizens to reproduce, or face the downfall of their nations...

That's one of the big reasons you see so many generous benefits, and paid maternity and even paternity leave in Europe. They are absolutely desperate to get people pregnant.

Be grateful that it didn't end up like this incident. Be sure to watch the video right to the end. Very much NSFW - not from swearing but from general content.

It just goes black at the end. It's SFW. I know the outcome, but it doesn't show anything bad at all.

Zarathustra[H];1041910060 said:
Problem is most western countries have scarily low birth rates, leading to aging populations and no one to take care of said aging populations.

In the U.S. we aren't quite there yet, but Europe mostly is, and Japan CERTAINLY is.

Most western countries need to do everything in their power to get their citizens to reproduce, or face the downfall of their nations...

That's one of the big reasons you see so many generous benefits, and paid maternity and even paternity leave in Europe. They are absolutely desperate to get people pregnant.

To clarify,

In most industrialized nations the replacement rate (number of children born per woman over her reproductive lifetime, in order to keep population steady, accounting for early deaths, etc.) is 2.1. The U.S. average is 1.86, so without significant immigration we shrink as a nation, with all the problems that involves. In fact, only 6 U.S. states have total fertility rates at 2.1 or above.

We just aren't as badly off as they are in Western Europe (~1.4 on average), Japan. (1.4) and South Korea (1.25).

Yeah the problem is encouraging the right people in society to breed.

Unfortunately, its mainly the slack jawed tards that are breeding, not the educated upper classes.

See the first 5 minutes of Idiocracy for example. Hence why you have to tempt them in with toys.

Unfortunately, its mainly the slack jawed tards that are breeding, not the educated upper classes.

See the first 5 minutes of Idiocracy for example. Hence why you have to tempt them in with toys.

Anyone can breed. It takes a much better, smarter person to avoid breeding. So yeah, you're gonna just end up with huge numbers of lower intelligence people with like genetic problems being led by a very small number of much better people. Pretty much normal.

The real crime here is distracted driving.
I mean, when I was young and driving drunk I PAID ATTENTION to the road.

Of course back then there weren't many cars on the road, a couple model Ts and a horse or two.

I had this in to you yesterday Steve...is there a better tip line than PM?

Zarathustra[H];1041910096 said:
To clarify,

In most industrialized nations the replacement rate (number of children born per woman over her reproductive lifetime, in order to keep population steady, accounting for early deaths, etc.) is 2.1. The U.S. average is 1.86, so without significant immigration we shrink as a nation, with all the problems that involves. In fact, only 6 U.S. states have total fertility rates at 2.1 or above.

We just aren't as badly off as they are in Western Europe (~1.4 on average), Japan. (1.4) and South Korea (1.25).

and no one to take care of said aging populations.
I'm throwing this last part in just a point of my reply. Maybe it's not necessarily the job of the younger to take care of the older people. Rather than push for increased birth rates, maybe push more elderly independence and tell them they need to fend for themselves a bit more. While I realize that sounds absolutely cold hearted, so is the other side of that coin, where it's literally at pyramid scheme proportions, and each generation only makes it worse, and I think the overall global hit on too large of a population is much MUCH more of an issue than worrying who's going to take care of granny and grandpa.

I realize different cultures do that differently too, my wife (asian) I told her early on we will not be taking care of her mother in her old age, and she will not be living with us. Luckily she does have a brother and she said it's ok that's his job... yeah because that's always the way it works out.

Well to be blunt here, I'm against the death penalty not because I don't think people should be killed but because I don't want our government to have that kind of power over people, while yeah it's easy to say "only super rapists and serial killers" it's quite the slippery slope that can go down.

In the same train of thought, I don't want our government controlling who can and can't breed, at least directly. Now if the government gave zero assistance to families then that's one thing, but for the government to go all China and say you can only have 1 child. I'm sorry that's government overstepping it's boundaries.

Well to be blunt here, I'm against the death penalty not because I don't think people should be killed but because I don't want our government to have that kind of power over people, while yeah it's easy to say "only super rapists and serial killers" it's quite the slippery slope that can go down.

In the same train of thought, I don't want our government controlling who can and can't breed, at least directly. Now if the government gave zero assistance to families then that's one thing, but for the government to go all China and say you can only have 1 child. I'm sorry that's government overstepping it's boundaries.

I disagree. The world's population increases every day. Other people choosing to reproduce effects my life in many ways, some good, some bad. One thing's for sure, the space we have on the planet isn't getting any bigger.

What total population number do we have to hit before somebody decides reproduction isn't a right anymore? 10 billion? 50 billion? 1 Trillion people? Eventually nature will decide for us as the pressure of sustaining a population like that collapses on itself. One big drought, crop failure and boom, mass starvation.

Or maybe we could be proactive for a change and not let it get to that point.

Back on topic: I'm not usually interested in social media programs like parascope but I love how law enforcement uses it as another tool to catch people.

I disagree. The world's population increases every day. Other people choosing to reproduce effects my life in many ways, some good, some bad. One thing's for sure, the space we have on the planet isn't getting any bigger.

What total population number do we have to hit before somebody decides reproduction isn't a right anymore? 10 billion? 50 billion? 1 Trillion people? Eventually nature will decide for us as the pressure of sustaining a population like that collapses on itself. One big drought, crop failure and boom, mass starvation.

Or maybe we could be proactive for a change and not let it get to that point.

Back on topic: I'm not usually interested in social media programs like parascope but I love how law enforcement uses it as another tool to catch people.

Who is doing the deciding in this situation? Probably just some benevolent dictator who repackages eugenics and sells it to those in power as a kind alternative to this distorted view of the future.

No, resource wars will kill off enough of the population to be somewhat sustainable. The thought that people will just politely starve to death is incredibly silly.

Who is doing the deciding in this situation? Probably just some benevolent dictator who repackages eugenics and sells it to those in power as a kind alternative to this distorted view of the future.

No, resource wars will kill off enough of the population to be somewhat sustainable. The thought that people will just politely starve to death is incredibly silly.

Nothing wrong in a little selective breeding to improve the gene pool. We apply it to other animals to breed the best. Why should we not apply it sensibly to humans? Healthcare bills won't get any smaller otherwise.

No use in letting the worst of the worst get larger and larger. Plus if it helps stave off the resource wars (which I agree will likely be the major influence in the coming decade or two) for a while then all the better.

Doesn't matter, one way or another it will start to factor into society.

Nothing wrong in a little selective breeding to improve the gene pool. We apply it to other animals to breed the best. Why should we not apply it sensibly to humans? Healthcare bills won't get any smaller otherwise.

No use in letting the worst of the worst get larger and larger. Plus if it helps stave off the resource wars (which I agree will likely be the major influence in the coming decade or two) for a while then all the better.

Doesn't matter, one way or another it will start to factor into society.

I'm one million percent for controlled, super selective breeding programs that map out genetics, find flaws, and eliminate them from the gene pool (which you hafta do constantly to like keep after natural genetic mutations and stuff that are always going on) but you've gotta be careful about that because you can kinda stagnate the genetic drift and development that happens to pretty much all species on the planet over time. So, like the important thing is probably to just set standards for who is allowed to breed and who isn't by cutting off lower income people, anyone convicted of a felony, NASCAR fans, football fans, esports *snerk* people, and make the standard harder to meet for men since they have incomplete human genetics anyhow so they're a lot more prone to behavioural and genetic defects. I don't think it'll ever happen though. The problem is that we don't have a strong enough government to do that. Like the mountains of poor people will get all upset and say they're being oppressed, then try to vote or something and ruin it for the rest of us who aren't dumb enough to have messed up our own lives with car payments and weed.

It's even a huge pain for someone to WILLINGLY get surgery to stop themselves from breeding unless they've already turned themselves into a baby factory. Like you have to pay out of pocket for that in most places and go through a whole bunch of classes/discussions with doctors and other stuff just to have your tube-type junk burned shut when you don't already have kids. Part of it is because you're lost income to the medical community since you'll never get fat from kids, never have to pay doctors for making babies, and you're lost growth income for companies and all sort of other stuff. The rest of it is some dumb set of ideals that you have to have children no matter what it does to you because your parents want grandkids and it's just the right thing to do socially. Other people at your workplace get all jealous when you do stuff like that and they call you stupid or say you're throwing away some great beautiful thing about being a parent. Yeah, no thanks.

If you wanna have population control, you've gotta overcome that stuff too. And then there are even religions like that Warren Jeffs thing or the Waco thing that want girls to have like ten kids in order to spread their church. Even some mainstream ones with really nice people in them totally are like, "You and you...yeah, go stick that into there and then make sure and do it over and over until there are at least five expensive little screamers munching on your ankle and the ratting it in the rug or the church will shun you as a nonbeliever. Shuuuuuuuuuuun."

Well maybe the solution is to put a contraceptive in the drinking water...and soda to catch out the non water drinkers. Then if you want a kid you have to have an interview, take a competency test and pay a $2000 fee to take a pill that counters the contraceptive.

Sorted!

Well maybe the solution is to put a contraceptive in the drinking water...and soda to catch out the non water drinkers. Then if you want a kid you have to have an interview, take a competency test and pay a $2000 fee to take a pill that counters the contraceptive.

Sorted!

That's a 100% CreepyUncleGoogle-approved solution! :D

Exactly, I mean admittedly I'm less worried if there's an across the board population control method similar to China's 1 child policy, although the result of that is that rich people simply didn't give a fuck because they could afford everything anyways, and another consequence is a lot of girls killed because ... well Chinese people are fucking retarded when it comes to logic in cases like that (girls take care of husband's family in old age, not them, and other stupid things like that).

But what happens when you say "you're too stupid to breed" when it comes from a government level? That would be filled with all sorts of dystopianess it's not funny.

Back