970 online

Toconator

Gawd
I bit the bullet and dropped for a brand spankin' new GTX970 SSC today. Now MGMcCalley is not 'closer than he appears' in my mirror. I know I'm goin' to get mowed but the cut won't be as fast and sharp ...

Nice. I put one in a home system (the FTW ACX 2.0 version) and it gets between 250K-280K with a 1500+ clock and only configured to run when the system is idle. I was get too many complaints from family members about a slow PC when I let it run all the time. :D

I'm running a CUDA client on my FTW ACX 2.0 for Distributed.net's RC5-72 contest.

My old GTX 560 Ti was pulling down around 6-8K blocks a day. And I'd have to turn it off when I gamed.

Now I'm pulling 30-31K blocks a day and zero issues with gaming.

Whatever you're using it to beat on, it should give you a satisfying kick in the pants.

I'm running a CUDA client on my FTW ACX 2.0 for Distributed.net's RC5-72 contest.

My old GTX 560 Ti was pulling down around 6-8K blocks a day. And I'd have to turn it off when I gamed.

Now I'm pulling 30-31K blocks a day and zero issues with gaming.

Whatever you're using it to beat on, it should give you a satisfying kick in the pants.

Chas, are you part of a team at RC5-72? If not, we would love for you to join us. http://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=8&team=24958

Last edited:
Yeah... our members tend to contribute via Moo! using the BOINC wrapper nowadays and it hasn't been pushed in a while... I do run their client from time to time, but that is mostly from work. I don't like how BOINC creates an admin account on the system. So, distributed.net client it is...lol

Yeah, only 205 years to go on RC5-72.

I still miss the DES "buzzsaw" challenges.

Back