Need help....9211 HBA

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
Alright I haven't done much trouble shooting yet but wondering if anyone has had this experience with the HBAs. I bought the HBAs off ebay so not sure of their firmware or anything. Is it something I want to bother with updating? Is there anything I want to do with them that I might not have done?

So far I have just plugged them in and all the HDDs show up in Win 7 Pro. I had Server 2008 R2 installed but I went back to Win 7 to test my NAS since I am familiar with it before I mess with Server. I wanted to test HDDs, hardware, OCs, Memtest and all that before I use server since I am unfamiliar with that and this would be easier to test

I have HD Sentinel and I started to do a surface test of all 7 HDDs at once and only 1 or 2 drives continued to work.

I started 1 drive at a time and they all were working but 5 or 6 of the 7 drives "disappeared" according to HD sentinel. Anyone know why they vanished after starting. The first few squares worked but then it said host device or whatever was unavailable. Did they loose power? Did the HBA get over loaded? Did they HBA not have enough juice?

Any thoughts?

Back