Jeff Bezos Plummets Down Corporate Leader Rankings

HardOCP News

[H] News
While NVIDIA's CEO worked his way up the list this year, it would seem Amazon's CEO was busy heading the other direction.

Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s founder, has slipped from first to 87th in a ranking of the world’s best chief executives, after the technology company’s performance on environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors was taken into account. Mr Bezos would have led the Harvard Business Review ranking of best-performing corporate leaders judged on purely financial measures, as he did in 2014.

A fairly accurate representation of Amazon's customer service as well. They went from world's best to Comcastic. Apparently Mr Bezos is a "lead by example" type of executive.

So I'm guessing the ESG rating is really a rating of "progressiveness"?

Unless you join the SEJW (Social, Environmental, Justice Warrior) fad crowd your company automagically falls down the list?

Conform or be punished. Not the future I was looking forward to, but oh well. Progress!

When you try to micromanage every aspect of a company as large as Amazon is, you're bound to start failing eventually.

Unless you join the SEJW (Social, Environmental, Justice Warrior) fad crowd your company automagically falls down the list?

Conform or be punished. Not the future I was looking forward to, but oh well. Progress!

Right, treating your employees like dirt is the future that I, too, would hope we can all strive towards.

Before he just slept in his multi-million dollar home soundly

Now, he'll sleep in his multi-million dollar home soundly falling 86 places for something that doesn't really matter.

Because nice wages and soft treatment of workers really excites financial types, SJW or not.

Um uh, well uh...yeah it kinda does. Companies like Google and FB don't treat employees like shit and they're celebrated. I'm pretty sure everyone is worked to death at all of those places, but working hard in the environment described in that NYT article is damning. There's not enough money and stock options for that, but it's not clear if that is throughout the company or not. I've got a few acquaintances in AWS and it doesn't seem like they're worked to death, but maybe they are. God knows they could leave tomorrow if they want to.

Um uh, well uh...yeah it kinda does. Companies like Google and FB don't treat employees like shit and they're celebrated. I'm pretty sure everyone is worked to death at all of those places, but working hard in the environment described in that NYT article is damning. There's not enough money and stock options for that, but it's not clear if that is throughout the company or not. I've got a few acquaintances in AWS and it doesn't seem like they're worked to death, but maybe they are. God knows they could leave tomorrow if they want to.

They are celebrated in spite of that treatment. Wall Street responds well to lower wages and labor dumping which FB promotes as well as Google. So maybe that's where they redeam themselves in their eyes.

This!

They are celebrated in spite of that treatment. Wall Street responds well to lower wages and labor dumping which FB promotes as well as Google. So maybe that's where they redeam themselves in their eyes.

I don't know, there are places like Cost Co where wages for workers are high and their stock has done well. Not sure how Star Bucks pays, but they provide insurance and other benefits to their workers. The people I know didn't go to Amazon for low wages. They were already working at top tech companies. It may be for stock options. Amazon stock has done well, so options could turn into a nice bonus with low taxes.

Back