Treyarch 'Shocked' by Reaction to CoD: BlOps 3 Twitter Marketing Stunt

HardOCP News

[H] News
The developers of Call of Duty: Black Ops III have apologized for that Twitter marketing stunt earlier this month.

"Here’s my view – and again, I’m a simple director and not involved in the marketing at all," he began by stressing. "However, it was absolutely not done for any kind of attention in any way. It was not done maliciously, or as any kind of scare tactic. I personally am very sorry for anyone who looked at it and got the wrong idea because it genuinely wasn’t meant that way.

Like a modern day, internet age War of the Worlds situation? :D Orson Welles would be so proud. :cool:

I wouldn't even apologize. There is no excuse for people who can't take a second to read the details to realize that they're seeing news from a fantasy world.

It's a sad day when anyone has to apologize because people are too stupid to read a Twitter handle before flipping out. In fact it's a sad day when anyone uses Twitter as an authoritative news source.

It's a sad day when anyone has to apologize because people are too stupid to read a Twitter handle before flipping out. In fact it's a sad day when anyone uses Twitter as an authoritative news source.

QFT

let us take it further. It is now a news article that has the twitter poster responding to the stupid people who misunderstood his tweet.

Well apologizing for something they should not need to is WAY better then other devs who pull dumb ass moves that cause thousands to be livid cause it involved their hard earned money even after telling them vehemently "dont you will ruin the game/product" and they do not say anything at all.

I will take unneeded vs not given any day.

Back