Facebook Adds Dedicated Shopping Section

HardOCP News

[H] News
Because Facebook is the first website that comes to my mind when I think about shopping online. :rolleyes:

The social network added two new e-commerce features Monday, including a dedicated shopping section offering users a way to find products outside of their News Feed. Only a “small group” of retailers will list products within this section, according to Matt Idema, head of monetization product marketing at Facebook. He added that the products will be customized for each user based on their interests.

This is incredibly intelligent, they will offer an environment that users will spend money in with the same level of security and comfort they associate with Facebook.
The bulk of this market's target audience relates to Facebook in a very trusting sense.
Not this forum's demographic, but I imagine we are in the minority.

He added that the products will be customized for each user based on their interests.[/I]

Fantastic, I'm glad they were finally able to perfect consumer targeted advertising. This is the holy grail of advertising, and so far no one has been able to make a worth while product. But I am sure that Facebook has been able to pull it off. After all, they are the pinnacle of new technology.

No longer will you gets ads over and over for things you already looked at and bought, but instead you will be treated to products and services you need, but didn't know you need. Facebook should hit $500 Billion very soon.

Whats the bet it will end up like a mall or sporting event... only 1 drinks company, only 1 shoe company, etc etc

Back