Star Wars Special Edition Notebook Official First Look

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
This video is pretty epic for a laptop announcement—but where’s the light side version?

Loaded with rare content from the Star Wars archives, unleash the power of the dark side with the Star Wars Special Edition Notebook from HP. With a full HD display, Intel® Core™ processor, red backlit keyboard, audio by B&O PLAY, and a Galactic Empire-inspired design, you’ll revel in its galaxy-spanning power. Be prepared to surrender your senses.

OK so a red backlit keyboard and some printed on graphics. Deep HP, real deep. Hope you didn't stress yourselves out too much designing this!

Also fuck the Sith. Why would any normal person want an evil force to take over the galaxy? What assholes. And yeah, where's the light side version? So not only is HP cheaping out to cash in on a franchise they're also discriminate as well. Cool.

OK so a red backlit keyboard and some printed on graphics. Deep HP, real deep. Hope you didn't stress yourselves out too much designing this!

Also fuck the Sith. Why would any normal person want an evil force to take over the galaxy? What assholes. And yeah, where's the light side version? So not only is HP cheaping out to cash in on a franchise they're also discriminate as well. Cool.
Because the dark side has cookies.

There's no shortage of rich single star wars nerds out there who would have no problem plopping down for this.

So "loaded with content from the star wars archive" -- wtf does that mean? You now have to buy a laptop if you want to see "rare footage". What's next? Do I get to smell darth vaders boots if I buy some star wars themed car?

I'll keep my MSI Ghost Pro 60 thank you very much :)

Gimmicky silly stuff designed to continue to exploit a set of really old, really awful movies that an aging population of fans inexplicably still think were good...it's capitalism and I'd totally high-five HP's people for digging for gold from people too foolish to save it. After all, if HP doesn't grab that disposable income, some other company selling an equally innane thing will do it. I mean really, Star Wars fans are ripe for the picking, even after all these years. I bet someone will complain there's no "light side" laptop as if there has to be fair, real-world balance between the two imaginary sides of an invented universe in a story and they'll say it with obvious conviction that'll make it clear that they are most certainly an exploitable market demographic.

Well can your laptop do this?

star_wars_laptop.jpg

Love the theme and the looks.

However, HP is really capitalizing on the Star Wars name:
Windows 10 Pro
i7-6500U
nVidia 940M 2GB
8GB DDR3
15" IPS 1080p touchscreen
2TB 5400rpm HDD
4-cell 41 WHr battery
DVD-RW combo
802.11ac + Bluetooth 1x1
Webcam + Microphone
Backlit Keyboard

--- $1100

Specs are rather light for the price tag, imo.

If it's special edition, does that mean they've manipulated it to that Greedo shoots first?

Anyway, Ultrabook processor, nVidia 940M is slow. You'd be a sucker to buy this. Honestly they would have been better off spending the budget/heat/power on a i7-H with Iris Pro instead of the frankly sub-gaming grade Geforce.

If it's special edition, does that mean they've manipulated it to that Greedo shoots first?

Anyway, Ultrabook processor, nVidia 940M is slow. You'd be a sucker to buy this. Honestly they would have been better off spending the budget/heat/power on a i7-H with Iris Pro instead of the frankly sub-gaming grade Geforce.

960M or 965M and a higher capacity battery would make it an acceptable deal, to me.

The only reason there is a light side, is because it wouldn't make sense to just have the dark side :p

Back