how long should UPS batteries last?

misterbobby

2[H]4U
From what I have read its typically 3-5 years but according to the Cyberpower app it says my CP1000PFCLCD still has 100% battery capacity even though I have been using it nonstop for over 4 years. It seems like it should have degraded quite a bit by now and makes question the accuracy of that app.

EDIT: Well never mind as I ran the self test and it now says 58% battery capacity remaining.

Last edited:
there you go, yeah, those little gells don't last

I sure would like a UPS wit a big ass lithium polymer pack

3-5 years sounds about right, but I've been surprised with some I've seen, that still hold a decent charge at 7+ years.

there you go, yeah, those little gells don't last

I sure would like a UPS wit a big ass lithium polymer pack

You don't get longevity from the LiPo packs, since they start to degrade as soon as they are made, probably last shorter than a lead acid battery.
Main benefit of LiPo is high discharge rate, main disadvantage is that they are not designed to be fully charged for an extended period of time, since the chemical reactions can cause the cells to swell.

I wish nickel Iron battery packs were cheaper and more available. This technology has been around for over a century and the batteries last decades if done right. The downside is energy density is typically less and they are hard to find.

I get about 2-3 years out of mine before they stop holding a charge. But mine rarely ever get tripped. I really only have them for voltage sags and for 2-3 seconds during a thunderstorm a couple times a year.

I get about 2-3 years out of mine before they stop holding a charge. But mine rarely ever get tripped. I really only have them for voltage sags and for 2-3 seconds during a thunderstorm a couple times a year.
That is horrible as that means you probably dont even have enough battery power there after 12-18 months to keep the pc running if power goes out while you are gaming under heavy load.

Anyway, I just ordered this so hope it is easy to install...http://www.refurbups.com/Search-Results?search=CP1000PFCLCD

Back