Facebook Launches Reaction Buttons Beyond Like

HardOCP News

[H] News
So Facebook users are getting new "love" and "sad" buttons but no dislike button? This must be what Zuckerberg was talking about two weeks ago when he said they were "working on and shipping" a dislike button (here). :(

Users will soon be able to do more than "like" posts. They will be able to love them and express sympathy, anger or sadness with animated emoticons. The social network said on Thursday it is launching a pilot test of "Reactions," with users able select from seven emotions, including like and "wow." "Dislike," however, is not one of the options.

No dislike button = mass suicides among 12-13 year olds averted

But what if I kind of like it more than a like but I don't really love it ... can I have a strong emotional attachment greater than a like but lesser than love button ... my life won't be complete without one :p

But I want to dislike good events in peoples lives just like when i 'like' funeral notices etc lol

Facebook is turning into one of those forums with a line of reaction buttons at the bottom of every post.

Facebook is turning into one of those forums with a line of reaction buttons at the bottom of every post.

Maybe they can add that 10 point scoring like we have to use to fill out online review/survey forms ... Did you feel that this post was useful (1 - Strongly Disagree, .... 10 - Strongly Agree) ... Did you like this post (1- Strongly Dislike, ... 10 - Strongly Like) ... Would you read this post again (1-Strongly would not Sam I Am, ... 10-I would read it on a train, I would read it in the rain) ... Please provide comments to improve future posts ... :cool: :D

It's not surprising. Many people are narcissistic and they don't respond well to their post being dislike.

Though I guess people could still be sarcastic like expressing sympathy when someone shows off their new hairdo :p

The fact that this is news is rather sad. Where's my fucking button hardforum?

Why can't they just give you the option to like an item more than once for example Joe Schmoe - Like x2

"Joe Schmoe really likes this post."

Too much time and money going into this. If a person doesn't like or clicks a link in the advertisement, they either they didn't like it or weren't interested in it. Think in bits people!

If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

What i dont understand is why can this forum have and edit button for post made in this section. Makes no sense why i cant edit my post in the front page news section but anywhere else i can.

Back