Newegg ends TODAY - eVGA 980 Classified $534.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. Only one display port. I thought all 900 series cards had 3.

Oh well. Good deal if you don't need multiple ports.

That's basically 980 Ti pricing.

This is the eVGA Classified...after the code and rebate, it's quite a bit cheaper than any Ti right now.

980 Referece
Base Core Clock: 1126
Boost Clock: 1216
Fill Rate: 144 GT/s

980 Classified
Base Clock: 1291
Boost Clock: 1393
Fill Rate: 165 GT/s

This is the eVGA Classified...after the code and rebate, it's quite a bit cheaper than any Ti right now.

980 Referece
Base Core Clock: 1126
Boost Clock: 1216
Fill Rate: 144 GT/s

980 Classified
Base Clock: 1291
Boost Clock: 1393
Fill Rate: 165 GT/s

Whoopty do, who wants to pay $100+ more when u can just OC it yourself.

A majority of the retail segment won't manually OC. We enthusiasts, otoh, usually do...but not all of us. Value is subjective. Besides, the cheapest new 980 is about $480, so this isn't $100+ more.

Is everyone done pinching loafs all over the thread?

Last edited:

even for those of us that would OC our hardware, there's really no guarantee that you'd even be able reach the "classified" clock speeds from a reference model.

Thank OP for the information.

I am one of those who do not overclock a video card or CPU for that matter.

I have had a few bad experiences in the past and decided I will pay extra to already have this done.

My EVGA 980 Ti FTW edition was just delivered and I am sure it will be worth every dollar.

A majority of the retail segment won't manually OC. We enthusiasts, otoh, usually do...but not all of us. Value is subjective. Besides, the cheapest new 980 is about $480, so this isn't $100+ more.

Is everyone done pinching loafs all over the thread?

Well this is [H] isn't it? I would figure the majority here reading this forum manually overclock.

I had to check for myself and wow min price is $480 for a 980 gtx, way overpriced imo (thought they'd be down to at least $425 by now.) If your already paying $535 for a GPU why not get a 980ti for $80-$90 more and not have to wait for a $40 rebate (which you might not even get.)

Sorry just don't think this is much of a hot deal. Especially based on what TaintedSquirrel said.

Well this is [H] isn't it? I would figure the majority here reading this forum manually overclock.

I had to check for myself and wow min price is $480 for a 980 gtx, way overpriced imo (thought they'd be down to at least $425 by now.) If your already paying $535 for a GPU why not get a 980ti for $80-$90 more and not have to wait for a $40 rebate (which you might not even get.)

Sorry just don't think this is much of a hot deal. Especially based on what TaintedSquirrel said.

If one is shopping for the Classified name...the 980 Ti is $700. Quite a bit more.

As I already said, value is subjective. If you don't think it's a good deal because you prefer getting more basic versions and manually OC'ing, then more power to you.

The Kingpin may have been $500, but it's not anymore. In fact, it's quite a lot more than that right now, which makes this deal that much better in comparison based on TODAY'S pricing.

If one is shopping for the Classified name...the 980 Ti is $700. Quite a bit more.

As I already said, value is subjective. If you don't think it's a good deal because you prefer getting more basic versions and manually OC'ing, then more power to you.

The Kingpin may have been $500, but it's not anymore. In fact, it's quite a lot more than that right now, which makes this deal that much better in comparison based on TODAY'S pricing.

Some folks just have to come in and poo-poo on everything.

Hard to call it a good value when a 970 b stock is $250. Maxwell kinda overclocks itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back