Google Now Owns ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Domain

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whew! Good thing Google snatched this domain up before someone else got to it. ;) Considering BMW owns alphabet.com, I guess this is the next best thing. Thanks to devil68k for the link.

Alphabet now owns the unabridged abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.com, a domain that was created in 1999, according to domain-registration directory Whois. Alphabet confirmed the domain purchase.

Well you can't say that english speakers will ever forget that url despite the length.

Your average idiot will type in part of the alphabet before giving up and just searching for it. Really dumb people will click on any link that shows in the search results, including the other 20 million possible URL mistyped combinations that result in a website hosting malware.

Amazon didn't need all of the the A, C or T, so Google had a better claim.

what the fuck is wrong with some people. Even for English speaking people that is too much to type out. Even if you know the alphabet I am almost promise most will mistype something in there or leave out a letter. I just tried typing that out myself, somehow missed g twice, flipped i and h once, then hit z instead of x once. finally got it all the way through then. So yeah, you will have to make sure that you are watching what you type as we are way too use to autocorrect and not typing out the alphabet on a regular basis.

They should create a website with awesome drunk games on it. Then track all the drunken attempts at typing and failing to type the alphabet. Those would be entertaining statistics.

They should create a website with awesome drunk games on it. Then track all the drunken attempts at typing and failing to type the alphabet. Those would be entertaining statistics.

Would be interesting to see.

what the fuck is wrong with some people. Even for English speaking people that is too much to type out. Even if you know the alphabet I am almost promise most will mistype something in there or leave out a letter. I just tried typing that out myself, somehow missed g twice, flipped i and h once, then hit z instead of x once. finally got it all the way through then. So yeah, you will have to make sure that you are watching what you type as we are way too use to autocorrect and not typing out the alphabet on a regular basis.

Calm down, they already use abc.xyz

Back