Adobe Showcases Monument Mode At MAX 2015

Seemed like the Indian guy had rehearsed his lines that someone else had written for him (the jokes fell flat) and the presenters were just pulled off the street for their charismatic personalities. Cool tech though, kinda surprised nobody else had thought of this technique before.

Two comments:

1. That "couple". Not sure who the woman was, but the man is Nick Offerman, he's pretty famous (Parks and Recreation and also husband of Megan Mullally). It's a really funny show and he sometimes appears as a guest star on Children's Hospital which is also pretty good.

2. 90 seconds IS realtime when compare to taking the snapshot, then downloading the photo to your computer, opening photoshop, and then spending time to digitally erasing people from your photo.

I think there was a technique by taking multiple photos and using just a layer mask was said to accomplish the same thing. Again that is not in camera.

I'm wondering if this requires a tripod. I'd like to see the rest of the show or at least the topics covered.

Dont tink it requires a tripod although ofcourse its better if not for anything else than not having to hold your camera for a minute.

The bigger problem is that the "tourists" needs to move, this probably reduces the time the algorithm needs to eliminate them so in a live environment it might not be as feasible.

The issue is, the guys keeps telling them to move.. most tourists stop for a while to take their own pics..so while I could see this working, sometimes, I could see it not working either once people stop for 10-20 or more seconds to take their own pictures.

Umm... if this only works with people moving, my old samsung galaxy s4 can do this. It just takes pictures in burst mode, and then you can mask parts out. Big whoop.

What is Ron Swanson doing pitching technology!?

ron-swanson-television-parks-and-rec-uPWPoHdtpYkww

Requires tripod and that tourists move with some consistency. The in-camera convenience is the only thing different from what you can already do manually. So it is nice, but not incredible.

Also, with tourists moving a lot, another option you already have is a simple long exposure, such as this photo of a mildly busy museum:

8c7aa36ab59d5fdfa3440374dd7f84a3.jpg

In a 3 minute exposure a person that walks through in 30 seconds doesn't show up at all in the final photo.

Interesting technology for sure. I found myself watching the video multiple times though for the bubbly blone... who is she?

It's all great until more than one person uses the feature and you have a Mexican standoff waiting for the other tourists to move...

It seems to me that the software requires constant movement of the same target so it knows what to isolate. What happens if 20 different people cross the screen, it can never have time to adjust for each one to know what to filter.

In a 3 minute exposure a person that walks through in 30 seconds doesn't show up at all in the final photo.

Only you're not going to end up with a steady shot handheld for 3 minutes on a cellphone... or can you keep the shutter open for that long with phone cameras

Back