Pandora Buys Ticketfly For $450M

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whoa. I had no idea that Pandora had this kind of cash in its "in case I want to buy something" account. :eek:

What’s especially exciting about Pandora’s acquisition, however, is the fact that it might mean that Ticketfly can really give the evil Ticketmaster a run for its money. Ticketmaster is owned by the multi-billion dollar conglomerate Live Nation and controls ticket sales for the vast majority of concert venues in the country.

All the cool kids play Pandora while walking around as a virtual speaker system.

interesting acquisition - i guess they'll just add links with the music that you're listening to and say "hey! there's a concert near you this friday that's just like this!" or something like that. :)

they can get Ticketmaster a run for their money? Not if Ticketmaster uses it's muscle and becomes the sole distribution for tickets of a particular event (which they already do for most of them)

Pandora probably has borrowed cash/cash from stock sales, but I suspect most of the transaction was stock. If you want real competition, however, you have to break TM up or bring the anti-trust hammer down on them. I was going to go to a show a week ago and the service charge increased the price by almost 100%. It's absolutely insane. They're not even printing tickets most of the time and for bands playing clubs, the events do not stress their system.

Back