AMD LiquidVR Technology Wins Prestigious Lumiere Award

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced AMD LiquidVR™ technology, an AMD initiative dedicated to making virtual reality (VR) experiences as comfortable and realistic as possible, was recognized with the prestigious Lumiere Award by the Advanced Imaging Society for innovation in entertainment technology at the 7th Annual Technology and New Product Awards Luncheon at the Paramount Pictures Studios on the Paramount Lot in Hollywood, Calif.

AMD's pioneering VR technology is poised to bring better content, comfort, and compatibility to VR applications. Guided by close collaboration with key technology partners and developers in the ecosystem, LiquidVR™ uses AMD’s GPU software and hardware sub-systems to tackle the common issues and pitfalls of achieving “presence” — a state of immersive awareness where situations, objects, or characters within the virtual world seem “real.”

Hey you! Yeah you, let me clue you in on a little secret: LiquidVR is Mantle, that's why it's so good. But shhh shhh don't tell the people who said Mantle was dead it might upset them. ;)

Hearing a lot of good things about LiquidVR... Also like how public and transparent AMD is being about putting VR front and center and teaching out to both hardware manufacturers and developers.

Having LiquidVR being the foundation and easily integrated into Vulkan and DX12 I'm sure certainly helps!

R.I.P., Betamax. I still have memories of my Sony Betamax recorder as a kid (my dad didn't have issues with me setting stuff up in my room as long as I took good care of it). Damn thing had a wired remote with jog shuttle control. That thing had the clearest freeze frame and slow motion you ever saw at the time. Hell, it was better than most VHS players years after until digital freeze frame and buffers became more common.

Oh yeah, Go AMD!

Back