Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv posted today at eTeknix. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

The Enthoo range is one of the most capable enthusiast series on the market, which ticks all the right boxes for those who want a high-end system, with minimal or no fuss in terms of component compatibility, high-end build quality and flawless designs. The latest model, the Enthoo EVOLV ATX, offers support for (you guessed it) full-ATX and EATX motherboards, giving you more room for multiple graphics cards and a whole host of other devices.

I'm sure it's great but I wasn't willing to murder someone to get it. Still impossible to get one in the USA last time I checked. I had to buy something else.

I have an entire Skylake build next to me (6700k 980ti etc) waiting on this case. I should probably piece it together just to make sure nothing is DOA at this point. Hopefully it'll ship in the next week or so.

I am surprised this case gets so much more love than the Pro M model. Is it the cool looking aesthetics of the front that grab everyone? I find the lack of of a 5.25 drive bay annoying and the airflow of the Pro M should theoretically be better given the openness of the front.. I guess it must be that I never build a machine that is purely used for gaming, I still need a DVD drive for a few minor things.

The internals are perfect in either and they both have the major drawback of not being available anywhere.

I am surprised this case gets so much more love than the Pro M model. Is it the cool looking aesthetics of the front that grab everyone? I find the lack of of a 5.25 drive bay annoying and the airflow of the Pro M should theoretically be better given the openness of the front.. I guess it must be that I never build a machine that is purely used for gaming, I still need a DVD drive for a few minor things.

The internals are perfect in either and they both have the major drawback of not being available anywhere.

I reboxed with a Pro. It's a damn dandy case for $99.

My favorite new brand for now.

I almost pulled the trigger on this, but then it was out of stock for...ever. Now it's been so long I'm waiting until cases have USB-C ports in the front.

Still a nice looking case and for under $100 it's pretty competitive.

I reboxed with a Pro. It's a damn dandy case for $99.

My favorite new brand for now.

I just got my Pro today. It is a very nice case for $99. Very modular. I should have ordered the Luxe for the additional fan room up top, but decided to buy the Luxe front and top panels instead of going through the hassle of returning. Yes, the Luxe panels fit perfectly on the Pro.

I have an entire Skylake build next to me (6700k 980ti etc) waiting on this case. I should probably piece it together just to make sure nothing is DOA at this point. Hopefully it'll ship in the next week or so.

that's exactly why I don't have this case, just couldn't wait with parts ready to go

Back