Fallout Anthology Mini-Nuke Now Available

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Who’s picking this up? I don’t know how a nuke will fit into my living room décor, though.

…the standout feature of the Fallout Anthology is that the storage case looks like a mini-nuke, with what Bethesda describes as an "audible bomb sound" (Department of Redundancy Department?). Here are the games you get in the box: Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Surprisingly, I've never played any of the games in the series. Figured better late than never so I ordered one.

If I didn't already own multiple copies of each then maybe but I already have GOG versions of some, Steam versions of some (including duplicates of GOG), and disc copies of some ... don't really need any more copies, regardless of how nice the packaging is

Can't wait to see it mistaken for a real bomb after someone places it strategically, or worse, turns it into a clock :-p

Neat. Own and have beaten four of the five, so someone else will have to tell me how the "packaging" is...

Can't wait to see it mistaken for a real bomb after someone places it strategically, or worse, turns it into a clock :-p

Thank, I now actually want to turn this into a clock. including time functionality. My raspberry pi is just sitting there doing nothing right now anyway.

If I didn't already own multiple copies of each then maybe but I already have GOG versions of some, Steam versions of some (including duplicates of GOG), and disc copies of some ... don't really need any more copies, regardless of how nice the packaging is
Yeah, same deal with me.

I was contemplating on this, but already own all the games. They also give it enough room for Fallout 4 to fit in there.

Thank, I now actually want to turn this into a clock. including time functionality. My raspberry pi is just sitting there doing nothing right now anyway.

Isn't there a way somewhere in the game (I believe it was in NV) that you could turn mini-nuke into a timed explosive?

Would be good if one could turn the mini-nuke packaging into that. Except it being a clock.

Can't find it currently but on Imgur someone posted about UPS repackaging the original shipping box inside of a new one because it was 100% soaking wet as if they submerged it in a tub of water before completing delivery.

Did they at least do a tiny bit of work on the older games so stuff like Fallout 3 doesn't flip out on 64-bit operating systems or is this just a Fallout-fanatic cash grab done through repacking the same broken games in a new container to continue making a profit on stuff that no one would have otherwise purchased?

I would not recommend putting this in luggage. Could make for an memorable venture into the world of TSA ignorance.

A McDonalds Cheeseburger to whoever first tries to board a plane with one :)

Did they at least do a tiny bit of work on the older games so stuff like Fallout 3 doesn't flip out on 64-bit operating systems or is this just a Fallout-fanatic cash grab done through repacking the same broken games in a new container to continue making a profit on stuff that no one would have otherwise purchased?

Don't know why you're having issues with Fallout 3, but I played it on Win 7 64-bit. I went back and was replaying it on Win 8.1 64-bit to get ready for Fallout 4.

Just bought two on amazon. Sweet! Now just waiting for the FO4 Pip-Boy edition to arrive.

Don't know why you're having issues with Fallout 3, but I played it on Win 7 64-bit. I went back and was replaying it on Win 8.1 64-bit to get ready for Fallout 4.

Well the last time I tried FO3 it was on Win10 (insider build) and that went not well at all. It wasn't that important really since I was mostly just interested in gathering screenshots and junk that would help me establish consistent scenery in a novel, but it didn't run and I totally didn't spend any time tinkering with it to make it work. New Vegas ran...that was good enough despite being a huge, empty desert. There were/are some buildings around the outskirts of Vegas that worked thanks to modders kindly adding interior spaces.

Ya, Win 10 is a bit of randomness when it comes to games. I play an old game called RF Online. Works fine on NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, but doesn't work on 10. *shrugs*

Surprisingly, I've never played any of the games in the series. Figured better late than never so I ordered one.
Its a bad ass game, really well written story/sub stories too.

I stumbled upon new vegas when there was a 2011 quakecon sale. Bunch of games from Bethesda (old and new, at the time) for like $45. Everyones been waiting for Fallout 4 or the next in the fallout series, I might just wait a year after this is released to get all the add-on packs.

Already have all but tactics. Beat all but New Vegas several times. New Vegas had a better start than FO3 did, just felt like it blew it's load by mid-game. Got bored before I beat it!

Already waiting impatiently for Fallout 4 :D

I bought it strictly for the casing, i already own all the games. Gonna look great with my pip boy, booblehead and Fallout garage lithograph.

Back