LinkedIn Might Have To Pay You Money For Spamming Your Email Contacts

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
LinkedIn has been ordered to pay $13 million for their email debacle. Did any of you get the, um, e-mail? You might be getting some money out of this.

In 2013, a class-action lawsuit accused LinkedIn of accessing users' email accounts without their permission and unwittingly using their names to send email invitations to people in their address books.

Linkedin did what many do. What's funny is I've noticed a few apps taking the spam-your-friends approach as their ownly way to unlock premium features. They won't let you pay them monthly to access those, they literally only want you to spam your friends. Guess to build their userbase, but it seems counter-intuitive.

Linkedin did what many do. What's funny is I've noticed a few apps taking the spam-your-friends approach as their ownly way to unlock premium features. They won't let you pay them monthly to access those, they literally only want you to spam your friends. Guess to build their userbase, but it seems counter-intuitive.

*only

So, I'll get a check for 48 cents, and the lawyers get a few million right?

That's how these things usually work...

Also, things like this are why I feel apps like the reported Peeple app (essentially an app to review people anywhere with or without their consent) will never go anywhere.

One of the main reasons I refuse to use LinkedIn. Constant spam from them without me even having an account.

Meh, look at all the things your apps require access to, it's basically giving permission to have everything used on your phone.

I got 2, one from a friend, another from someone I had never heard of.
Interesting way to find someone has your email address.
Wheres my 10p?

I've received a few like this.
Its the price we pay i guess, our privacy.

They still do this, they just hide their process in click through links that most users don't pay attention too. Fk'in annoying

Back