Comcast User Hit With 112 DMCA Notices In 48 Hours

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
…I’ve never even heard of this band.

The complaint comes from Rotten Records who state that the account holder behind a single Comcast IP address used BitTorrent to share the discography of Dog Fashion Disco, a long-since defunct metal band previously known as Hug the Retard.

maybe Comcast and DMCA should rethink this, defending a band that calls themselves "Hug the Retard".

Committed to a Bright Future is a great CD by Dog Fashion Disco. I prefer the albums released under Polkadot Cadaver though.

Does it matter what their name is? Smaller bands deserve the right to ensure that they make a living from what they do as well. DCMA can't be reserved for just large bands like Metallica.

Committed to a Bright Future is a great CD by Dog Fashion Disco. I prefer the albums released under Polkadot Cadaver though.

Does it matter what their name is? Smaller bands deserve the right to ensure that they make a living from what they do as well. DCMA can't be reserved for just large bands like Metallica.

The best thing that could happen to them would be massive sharing of their music so they could grow their audience and actually make some money from broadcasting, performing and similar.

After I made my first post I saw that DFD released a new album under an independent record label yesterday, so it's pretty clear that they're looking for media attention.

The best thing that could happen to them would be massive sharing of their music so they could grow their audience and actually make some money from broadcasting, performing and similar.

True, it's odd that they would go after a handful of torrenting users when there's full albums posted by 3rd parties on youtube right now.

After I made my first post I saw that DFD released a new album under an independent record label yesterday, so it's pretty clear that they're looking for media attention.

They're also currently on tour with Psychostick.

True, but one of the points of their argument is that the offending user failed to act in a timely matter. 48hrs is not enough to receive a notice, it's not like they sent it certified same day via a process server.

Back