Surface Pro 4 May Have Ultra-Thin Bezel, Size Changes Between Modes

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
We’ll see what happens when the device is officially revealed this Tuesday. I believe the “size changing” capability is actually an artificial (software) bezel that appears when the device is switched to tablet mode, which will give the user more space to hold the device.

Something not so believable is their claim that the Surface Pro 4 will feature something they refer to as a “smart frame” that will physically change size depending on the mode Windows 10 is in (desktop or tablet). The rumor states that when the device is in desktop mode or has a keyboard attached, the frame will sit at around 13 inches but when switched to tablet mode it would shrink to 12 inches to assist the user in holding the device in their hands.

I hope that the release of the SP4 is matched with an update that unfucks tablet mode. 8.1's was so much better.

We’ll see what happens when the device is officially revealed this Tuesday. I believe the “size changing” capability is actually an artificial (software) bezel that appears when the device is switched to tablet mode, which will give the user more space to hold the device.

Something not so believable is their claim that the Surface Pro 4 will feature something they refer to as a “smart frame” that will physically change size depending on the mode Windows 10 is in (desktop or tablet). The rumor states that when the device is in desktop mode or has a keyboard attached, the frame will sit at around 13 inches but when switched to tablet mode it would shrink to 12 inches to assist the user in holding the device in their hands.

Could this be an AMOLED screen with a bezel the same shade as AMOLED black? That would be sick.

Back