Motorola straight up lied about Moto E support.

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/1...is-now-apparently-ending-them-after-219-days/

This makes me really angry. I have said nothing but good things about Motorola and have owned a LOT of their phones. I have recommended the Moto E and G so many times that I have lost count. I actually think the Moto Nexus 6 was my top pick for best phone of 2015. It sucks to see this happen and it's safe to say that I am never buying another Motorola product again.

shocked...

not really

gotcha serf, ha ha ha, whatcha gonna do? lol

I personally shit listed Motorola after the droid x and droid 2 global. But bought a 360 and it's been alright.

Doubt people who buy these budget phones care about Marshmallow. It's already getting Lollipop. Even if it was stuck with Kit Kat it's more advanced and less buggy and laggy than iOS 9.x.

They screwed people - meaning myself included because I owned one - a few years ago with the original Atrix 4G, they screwed people - meaning myself included because I owned one - with the Photon 4G, and they just keep screwing people with stupid crap like this which is just another fiasco waiting to happen. And by screwing I mean they promised to update the Atrix and Photon to Ice Cream Sandwich, they promised it for months, they posted on their update page that those devices would be included in the ICS rollout, and literally at the 11th hour practically on the day it was supposed to happen they basically pulled a "Hey, if you want ICS, go buy a new device... here's a $100 off coupon 'cause you ain't getting ICS on the Atrix or Photon, fuck you..."

No, Motorola, fuck you, because this kind of lame ass shit comes back to bite you in the ass at some point.

So much for me ever purchasing a Motorola product ever again. I don't recommend their products, I won't use 'em so, to hell with them. This 4-second video sums it up completely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIMrFpnfvyI

All of you bitching about Moto dropping support on carrier elusive phones from 3-4 years ago need to forget it. OEMs have pretty much dropped this model of carrier-specific phones just for that reason (they all had major issues supporting exclusive phones) and pretty much all of them have one or two phones that they support on all carriers. If you are concerned about software support at all, you should be looking at mid-high range phones in the first place. The Moto E was one of the few exceptions to this, and yeah it is messed up that they renigged on the Moto E. But ragging on an OEM for dropping support on some old carrier exclusive phone from 4-5 generations ago is a bit much.

I would blame carriers just as much as the manufacturers on those old phones as well. My wife had an HTC Rezound; a truly high end flagship on Verizon when it came out. It was one of the first phones ever to have a 720p display, was dual-core and 1GB RAM. But Verizon/HTC pretty much dropped support on it after 9 months and they dropped a really buggy ICS/4.0.4 update on it, ruining battery life and performance. I learned my lesson then too, but recognized that Verizon was probably more to blame than HTC, so I still considered and bought the HTC M8 after seeing the M7 receiving lots of support on all carriers and HTC promising at least 2 years of updates, which they've kept to so far.

Again though, it does suck Moto dropped the Moto E so quickly, but for what it is, the Moto E is still a decent phone for the money and will still be one on 5.1 for the next year or so. Moto technically didn't lie if you go back and look at the update points out in the article too. It was just misleading. If you're truly concerned about updates, pony up to the Moto G. No way they would drop the G or X within 18 months or so.

Normally I wouldn't have been so pissed at Motorola for doing the crap I mentioned in the previous post but after that date when they were supposed to have pushed out the ICS update and then reneged on it, it was discovered almost the very next day that they had ICS done, complete, a fully working as-close-to-bug-free build as one could hope for and they simply chose not to release it for either the Atrix or the Photon. Luckily some Motorola engineer who has never been identified leaked it because he/she felt it was a pretty crappy thing to do to loyal Motorola buyers - that leak turned into several ROMs for the Atrix and Photon over the next few months without any major issues or hassles overall.

I know that when a phone maker creates the build it then gets turned over to the carrier(s) for testing given they have a branded device that they sell but even in spite of all that, the entire practice is - as stated - crappy from start to finish. The Atrix ICS update was just inside the 18 month window, so was the Photon's update but they pretty told us "Fuck you, if you want ICS go buy a new phone..." and that was that.

That's just not right, any way someone might try to rationalize it.

I don't see what is a big deal? The Moto E is a low model phone. Owners of this phone don't really care about the future updates. I wish my 2013 Moto X would have never received the lollipop update because it slowed down the phone. The kitkat was great.

I don't see what is a big deal? The Moto E is a low model phone. Owners of this phone don't really care about the future updates. I wish my 2013 Moto X would have never received the lollipop update because it slowed down the phone. The kitkat was great.

Agreed.

People will just find any reason to complain.

Back