Watch Tesla's Model X Launch Event

HardOCP News

[H] News
You can watch Tesla's Model X launch event right here at 8pm Pacific. If you are feeling frisky, you can also reserve your Tesla Model X with the click of a button. ;)

th

BIOWEAPON DEFENSE BUTTON!

I'll only buy it if the Bioweapon Defense Mode still works with the gull wings open, so that my friends will have unfettered access to shooting zombies and poors out the sides of the X after the apocalypse happens.

$150 to be a beta tester, no thanks.

Which part of this one will burst into flames? Is the "largest piece of glass ever used on an automobile" help decapitate the drive in a moderate accident? Will the "moveable seats" that are apparently more difficult to engineer than a spacecraft fail to remain securely attached to the vehicle in a fender bender?

Which part of this one will burst into flames? Is the "largest piece of glass ever used on an automobile" help decapitate the drive in a moderate accident? Will the "moveable seats" that are apparently more difficult to engineer than a spacecraft fail to remain securely attached to the vehicle in a fender bender?

I'd beta test a Model X for $150.

Which car are you talking about? Tesla or every single other car in existence?

You clearly know nothing about Tesla cars.

The Model S would be my top choice for vehicle at any price if I had that kind of vehicle shopping money, and I am including exotics.

The Model X is an SUV, which means I am completely and totally disinterested

If I wanted to sit high up and drive some top heavy drivel, I'd be doing so already.

Nah, I will never own a truck or SUV. I'd own a minivan before I ever owned a truck or SUV.

Geez, a Buck Thirty and change. Plus CA gets 2% for the license plate and the Feds take 9% plus for sales tax. Nice car though, I still think I like the S with a maxed out battery.

I was thinking about something that might be cool. Since the Tesla has the battery in the floor pan you use a wireless charger setup like on your smart phone. Lay the plate down in your garage, drive in, park, and it auto charges. Wonder how much EMF it would generate.

Zarathustra[H];1041884082 said:
The Model S would be my top choice for vehicle at any price if I had that kind of vehicle shopping money, and I am including exotics.

If I wanted to sit high up and drive some top heavy drivel, I'd be doing so already.

Nah, I will never own a truck or SUV. I'd own a minivan before I ever owned a truck or SUV.

All the short reviews i've read so far say its not top heavy. That floor mounted battery pack, ya see. More top heavy than the S, sure. But nothing like any current SUV. That being said, I think the rear gull wings are hideous. I haven't read what justification they have for the added cost, complexity, and weight.

BB

That being said, I think the rear gull wings are hideous. I haven't read what justification they have for the added cost, complexity, and weight.
I guess it's just to try the match utility of a sliding door without the stigma of the sliding door; though if the Model S is a guide with their door handles; the falcon doors will be hideously unreliable.

Gonna go test drive the S in 2 days. Even if I don't get one, I think a test drive is a good idea. I've driven a couple of Model S's, but those were cars of friends. Not really comparable to a real test drive. Either good or bad.

Trucks can be cool. SUVs can be cool although only rarely. Minivans ate never cool.

I don't really have a problem with mini-vans, but I would own a truck or SUV before a Mini-Van. I need to carry cargo more than people and I'd much rather have the security of the 4WD on a truck or SUV during the winter. Now, cross overs, I don't have any use for. You may as well have a car.

I would say this thing barely looks like a standard SUV. Looks pretty cool IMO.

Back