Worker Fined Again For Talking In Robot Voice

HardOCP News

[H] News
While not a very good robot voice, at least this guy will be ready to serve his new masters when the robot uprising takes place.

A city Health Department worker who has previously been disciplined for answering an IT help-desk phone in his best android impression faces a 30-day suspension for again bucking his supervisors' orders and greeting callers as a robot.

This is a news article? Seems like the journalist had nothing else to present today lol.

Title should be "Worker Suspended for Disobeying Manager's Orders"

Title should be 'worker suspended for being a hilarious prankster'.

Oh no, he got suspended for saying one sentence in robo-speak and the rest of it just normally. I would also say it sounds like he has Parkinson's or something also.

Had a co-worker who did a great impression over the PA system of one of our directors. Until one day the director was on site when he did it. Only got a reprimand, his direct supervisor thought it was hilarious.

I thought we lived in a world where a being who identifies as a robot would be able to express that without persecution.

Seems it wasn't just for the robo voice
The judge also found that he neglected customer-service assignments, ignored his supervisor's requests and purposely misdirected calls on several occasions in 2015.

I thought we lived in a world where a being who identifies as a robot would be able to express that without persecution.

He should complain that he identifies as a robot, and file a complaint with the state that he is being discriminated against.
If it is in a state like California, they will require them to provide special bathrooms and anything else he needs as a robot :)

That's funny. I'd like to take that dude out for lunch.

idk, the guy sounds like an annoying douche to me:

He previously told DNAinfo New York that he doesn't talk like a robot. Rather, he said, he was speaking in a neutral manner to appease his supervisors, who complained about his tone of voice.

Typical "I'm not touching you!" immature bullshit that I hate dealing with at work. Sounds like he has an attitude problem from reading the article. Plus he's like 50 and acting like this. Ugh.

idk, the guy sounds like an annoying douche to me:

Typical "I'm not touching you!" immature bullshit that I hate dealing with at work. Sounds like he has an attitude problem from reading the article. Plus he's like 50 and acting like this. Ugh.

The guy has been there since 1976 and used to be a manager or a supervisor and then cut down to an it help desk. Sounds like they are trying to find ways to get him fired so they don't have to pay out his pension.

The guy has been there since 1976 and used to be a manager or a supervisor and then cut down to an it help desk. Sounds like they are trying to find ways to get him fired so they don't have to pay out his pension.

Or the guy is a total screw up and was originally busted down to a help desk position because they couldn't outright fire him. A 30 day suspension is not something you'd see in a private sector workplace, as no one would waste time with that crap unless some union rules required it.

First thing I thought of....well the FIRST thing I thought of was.....

2af49fb88ff857ae6a4bdcba6f44f9ef0ed20b1943728d20fa66f03f673d0532.jpg

Back