Mad Max Patch 3 Is Out Today

HardOCP News

[H] News
The third patch for Mad Max is out today. The full patch notes from the game's Steam Community page are listed below. Thanks to Tudz for the heads up.

General Updates for All Platforms:
  • Added optional “Vehicle roll” setting for more realistic in-air car physics.
  • General performance improvements.
  • Improved data streaming, enabling content to load faster and easier.
  • Improved auto-aim target prioritization.
  • Fixed various audio issues.
  • Made various GUI fixes and improvements.
  • Fixed several instances of the map not loading correctly.
  • Made various mission flow fixes and improvements. This includes retroactively resolving a conditional mission flow blocker that was happening to some players trying to install the Baby Bars during the Wasteland Classic mission after the mission flow had been interrupted.
  • General bug fixes.

Win64 Specific Updates:
  • Fixed instances of graphics options resetting to default upon the game loading for some users.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the Harpoon to not work correctly on triple monitor setups, and with larger aspect ratios.
  • Fixed several keyboard entry issues with the WBPlay Menu screen.
  • Made several Mouse & Keyboard Control improvements and fixes.

I really like this game, it's a shame Warner sent it off to die against MGSV, together with the bad taste Batman AK left, I wonder how it's doing sales-wise. Compared to BAK, MM was perfect.

Took long enough for the Wasteland Classic fix :/
Bet the auto aim fix makes the driver last priority.
now if I can just get thru the Stank Gum race

I like this trend of companies taking their time with patches to fix as much as possible and make sure that it doesn't break something else...

Just beat this game on Saturday (65 hours, 71% complete), and of course I'm still playing it (I'm gonna 100% dis biznatch). Loved the fuck outta this game. I'm not quick to give WB money, but the game was a berfday present so I ain't complaining. Now it's back to Witcher 3, and maybe some MGS5 TPP. But first, I need to go through that Shovel Knight free expansion Plague of Shadows.

Mad Max does have a decent amount of bugs and glitches in it, but most of these were just hilarious and not harmful to the gameplay experience or progression at all (at least in my experience). I did think the in-air car physics were a little ridiculous, but it's not like this is a realistic sim. Driving around off the main roads I did see the more detailed textures load in right in front of me. I wonder if this patch improves that. Performance-wise though, I got no complaints. Lowest framerate I ever saw was 77 fps. Most of the time my framerate was between 96 and 135 fps. Turning on the flashlight would drop it to about 81 fps. Hahaha in the menus it would hit 278 fps and on the loading screens I would see it hit 2700+ fps. Main missions were really short and easy, but by the time I got around to doing them, I had put in well over 30 hours, so Max and the Magnum Opus were already decently upgraded. I didn't really have issues with the auto-aim target prioritization, so I wonder how the changes will affect me. I did experience a lot of audio bugs, so it'll be nice to have those fixed. Some of these fixes come too late to help me out, but I have a feeling most people haven't gotten around to playing this game yet, so when they do, they should have a better experience than what I had.

I too was wondering how well this game was selling, considering it launched under the shadow of MGS5 TPP. Anyways, glad they got another patch out. Looks like it's a good one.

Where exactly is the "vehicle roll" option located. I looked last night but couldn't find it, maybe I didn't look good enough.

Back