Yahoo's Latest Transparency Report

HardOCP News

[H] News
Yahoo published its fifth transparency report today. Aside from requests to take down images "promoting terrorism" on Flickr in the UK, the rest of the report is business as usual.

We carefully scrutinize each request to make sure that it complies with the law, and we push back on those requests that don’t satisfy our rigorous standards. When we are compelled to disclose data, consistent with our Global Principles for Responding to Government Requests, we disclose only as much data as is necessary to comply with the request.

I didn't know hardly anyone still used Yahoo!, let alone cared anything about them.
Is it just 40's and up? My 53yo mother uses Yahoo! on her iPhone when she isn't taking to Siri

I didn't know hardly anyone still used Yahoo!, let alone cared anything about them.
Is it just 40's and up? My 53yo mother uses Yahoo! on her iPhone when she isn't taking to Siri

I'm pretty sure it's just an old people thing now. I have a coworker who's like in his mid 50s and he uses Yahoo for news and stuff.

Though in like some web browsers where you can pick your preferred search engine, like Firefox, they pick Google as the default and since Google sorta logs everything you do, I try to pick something else and I'm way too lazy to add one that isn't already there so sometimes I'll just pick Yahoo from the list and when I forget to type in duckduckgo, I end up searching with Yahoo even though I'm like a century younger than those ancient baby boomers that are still using it.

I mean I guess I could figure out how to add a new search engine, but I really hate having to mess around with my computer and dig through settings or something to get it to do exactly what I want. Tweaking settings like that is stuff that is utterly a waste of my time.

Back