VR Cage That Suspends You In Mid-Air

Interesting but you still wont be able to simulate gforce for longer than the length of the room.

IMO a better solution would be a gforce simulator (spin to win) with a cabin than can move along the side axis for lateral simulation and which can rotate 360 degrees. Ideally one would like a vertical movement as well but that might be wishing for too much at present (although def. possible).

Military simulation? I had a friend that worked on VR that used a treadmill where you could go in any direction (and I think at any speed, but I may be wrong on that part). I guess it could be used at some point in an amusement park setting.

Looks very cool, but my question is: does this make people feel more or less motion sick then without it?

Couldn't watch the video, but the thumbnail makes me want to say; It looks like it belongs in Dr. Angelo's basement!! :D

Things like this reinforce my idea that VR is going to be a huge attraction in places like Dave & Busters.

give me full recoiling piston/compressed air operated VR guns and a treadmill-ish all direction setup to run my ass off around. I would actually get a work out and play a slightly better version of CS:GO in the process.

Things like this reinforce my idea that VR is going to be a huge attraction in places like Dave & Busters.

This definitely won't be in many homes anytime soon (e.g. 10 years).
For VR, we'll get an idea starting this Xmas, though I suspect the first round is still gonna be for the relatively well to do, but at some point, the tech will get smaller and cheaper and there will be some sort of treadmill integration possible. But that's just me imagining the future. I'm not sure how the head gear handles people that wear glasses. Do they have to wear glasses and the VR gear? How will that work when the gear scales down to something about the size of glasses?

I really hope they can make it work, but with that said, I can also imagine much better immersion in a D&B or an amusement park, but those places may benefit even more from Augmented reality.

Back