Amazon Prime Discounted To $67

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that do not have Amazon Prime yet, you can snag one full year for only $67. The deal kicks off this Friday.

Celebrate Transparent winning 5 Emmy Awards with a $32 savings. On Friday, September 25, from 12:00am ET to 11:59pm PT, we are offering new members a special price of $67 (normally $99) for the first year of Prime.

it's still too much, they don't ship in 2 days anymore with Prime. I order, the order sits in packaging and then I cancel it and order from Newegg. Amazon = OVERRATED

I wonder if we can do like before, where you buy it as a "gift" and simply hang on to it until your year of prime runs out and then use the gift to start a new prime once oyu no longer have an active prime subscription.

it's still too much, they don't ship in 2 days anymore with Prime. I order, the order sits in packaging and then I cancel it and order from Newegg. Amazon = OVERRATED

I place 200-300 orders a year with Amazon (mostly business related) and only 2 or 3 of those orders don't show up in the 2 day window.

a lot of people must not have renewed their membership because Amazon keeps offering Prime discounts and sales...they also now have special items sold exclusively for Prime members along with pricing discounts

I've noticed they slowed down. One thing I ordered last month took 12 days to get to me. It wasn't on backorder, it just sat. I figured it was because I'm not longer a prime member, so they were punishing me for using free shipping.

I place 200-300 orders a year with Amazon (mostly business related) and only 2 or 3 of those orders don't show up in the 2 day window.

Agreed. Same here. I punish that two day shipping and I love getting packages on Saturday and Sunday as well.

I actually can't recall a time when my 'shipping' to 'received' is more than two days. Occasionally Amazon will state that the item won't ship right away, but that is info that I have prior to actually purchasing.

So every time this happens to you you cancel the order instead of making a support ticket and claiming your free vouchers? The few times Amazon has failed to deliver my items in the 2-day window, they've given me refunds/credit that far exceeded the shipping cost of the item and apologized profusely.

I've placed almost 100 orders in the last 12 months and I believe ONE order has shown up late. You are either on some shit list, don't understand what "2 days" means, or not using Prime.

I've had 2 late in a month, one took 4 business days. In addition, I just canceled a Sept 15th order for a 6700k yesterday that still hadn't shipped. Ordered from Newegg and they shipped same day.

I've placed almost 100 orders in the last 12 months and I believe ONE order has shown up late. You are either on some shit list, don't understand what "2 days" means, or not using Prime.

I'd except that reply from you, you always insult people that offer differing view points. Yes, I have prime and yes, they have missed "guaranteed" delivery dates TWICE this month.

I'd except that reply from you, you always insult people that offer differing view points. Yes, I have prime and yes, they have missed "guaranteed" delivery dates TWICE this month.

Get over yourself, we hardly post in the same threads and you act like I am know for insulting people all the time.

Also your massive sample size of "two" orders doesn't mean the whole service has imploded. Amazon would credit you for your concerns if you contact them, though I suspect you would have issues trying that without being juvenile with your ALL CAPS drama queen comments :eek:

Everytime they miss the GUARANTEED delivery date (even if their second email changes it to "Estimated" but original was "Guaranteed"), I go just chat with them and they give me a $10 credit.

Has only happened 3 times over the last 4 years though with well over 100 orders placed. Chat usually takes 5 minutes. Its a rough thing to deal with :rolleyes:

Everytime they miss the GUARANTEED delivery date (even if their second email changes it to "Estimated" but original was "Guaranteed"), I go just chat with them and they give me a $10 credit.

Has only happened 3 times over the last 4 years though with well over 100 orders placed. Chat usually takes 5 minutes. Its a rough thing to deal with :rolleyes:

Errr, my apologies. Over 200 orders (I just checked). And that includes 23 orders within the last 6 months (and they have not missed a delivery date in over a year).

Amazon seems to be using USPS a bit more the last year. USPS lost one shipment and damaged another. No problems with UPS, no losses, damages, or late. The affiliated venders have been reliable, for the most part. I have one order that had shown "preparing to ship" for 4 days. It will still arrive in its promised delivery window, but still.

they haven't given me anything. All I can say for sure is, do not buy pc cases there. They take forever to ship cases

Get over yourself, we hardly post in the same threads and you act like I am know for insulting people all the time.

I see you post all the time and you are quick to trash people. You can do what you want, but you don't have to do that. It's your choice. This is the second time you've attacked me. I have a doctorate and a masters degree, I have substantial proof that I'm not an idiot.

Also your massive sample size of "two" orders doesn't mean the whole service has imploded. Amazon would credit you for your concerns if you contact them, though I suspect you would have issues trying that without being juvenile with your ALL CAPS drama queen comments :eek:

I've contacted them each and every time and I've gotten absolutely nothing. And I've been very polite.

Sucks to be you then. I order from Amazon all the time. A lot of the time, my orders arrive early.

I've contacted them each and every time and I've gotten absolutely nothing. And I've been very polite.

Every time I ever needed to contact Amazon, my needs were met and exceeded. Free prime extensions, refunds without needing to send the product back, etc.

Amazon seems to be using USPS a bit more the last year. USPS lost one shipment and damaged another. No problems with UPS, no losses, damages, or late. The affiliated venders have been reliable, for the most part. I have one order that had shown "preparing to ship" for 4 days. It will still arrive in its promised delivery window, but still.

The few Prime delivery issues I've had were because of the USPS. In the last instance USPS said my address didn't exist and they were sending the packages back. Same address I've used for quite a while. Tried calling the USPS and their automated system wouldn't let me talk to anyone. Called Amazon and they shipped another item overnight on their dime. USPS then delivers the original package the next day, and the address is correct.

Long story short, the USPS is lazy and Amazon took care of me.

I have noticed the same thing, and its my one gripe. I also make 100's of orders to amazon every year, mostly business related.

I dont like them using USPS more. A lot of days the mail person is so late on their route the business closes before they get here, and I have to wait a whole 'nother day. It infuriates me to no end. :mad: Me and other co-workers have complained to the post office countless times but of course it does nothing.

As much as I love amazon I have been using newegg more as of late. Im not sure what they changed but since Im located so close to one of their warehouses, the super egg saver or whatever its called (free shipping) can actually be overnight to me if I order early enuff in the day.

Amazon seems to be using USPS a bit more the last year...

I notice them using their own in-house messenger/delivery service a lot more these days...can't even track packages accurately with it but it always gets here pretty quick

I do like Amazon Prime. Partnering with the USPS was a huge letdown for me though. They're not the best (by far) around here. Amazon seems more likely to use USPS than anyone else now and there's no option to pick a different carrier. Oh well.

It really depends on what you order. Things that are not as popular may take longer which they state. For 95% of all orders they get to you quick!

I do live out in the sticks. Maybe that's it.

I live in Maine, however I happen to be <10 miles from a UPS airport so that is likely a reason it works out for me so well.

Though one of my friends preordered NHL16 and they did a USPS handoff on that and the game vanished without being delivered. Amazon is sending him another one. Huge letdown for him, he is a huge hockey fan.

I'm on the "not getting it within 2/3 days" bandwagon now. Seems at least half of my orders take 4 days or more to get here depending one when I order.

1 to 2 days of "processing"
1 day of "shipped" but the it's really just the label printed
2 days of "shipping" then I finally get it

Just goes to show, no matter what a company does. Someone is going to complain about it.

a lot of times it is 2 days..sometimes it is not. I have paid for 1 day and not gotten it in one day...they are hit or miss but mostly hit.

As far as I can tell, you cannot gift this deal. If someone has found a way around it, I'd love to hear about it

Back