CRYORIG H7 CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
CRYORIG H7 CPU Air Cooler Review - CRYORIG mates its Hive Fin Technology with a smaller design that allows for better RAM module fitment without interference with its H7 CPU Air Cooler. Its "compact" 145mm tall design, excellent mounting configuration, and dollar value are winners for sure. Its new Quad Air Inlet™ fan design gives us high hopes about its performance.

Kyle, good article, but It is sad you do not have a single Noctua cooler or a CM 212 EVO on your list to compare to.

When it comes to air cooling I think of the CoolerMaster as the best bang for the buck and the Noctua as the best you can get if you are willing to pay for it. So I guess what I am saying is that I really wish you would do reviews on them so you can add them to the list.

I was ready, after seeing the temp performance, to come in here and destroy the damn thing as a disappointment. But beating the Mugen4 is no joke, and in terms of absolute cost, $35 is a steal for a capable non-OC cooler. While I have no problem using a stock cooler on a non-oc'd system, if I were building for a family member, adding $35 to their budget for a solid cooler that is likely quieter than the stock one would be an easy sell.

If [H] gave a bronze award, or maybe a conditional award ( [H]*, maybe), then this would easily win it for value and silence for non [H] readers.

I was ready, after seeing the temp performance, to come in here and destroy the damn thing as a disappointment. But beating the Mugen4 is no joke, and in terms of absolute cost, $35 is a steal for a capable non-OC cooler. While I have no problem using a stock cooler on a non-oc'd system, if I were building for a family member, adding $35 to their budget for a solid cooler that is likely quieter than the stock one would be an easy sell.

If [H] gave a bronze award, or maybe a conditional award ( [H]*, maybe), then this would easily win it for value and silence for non [H] readers.

Problem is that right now the CM 212 EVO is $29 on newegg and there is even an additional $5 rebate

I do like the look of the CRYORIG H7 !

Problem is that right now the CM 212 EVO is $29 on newegg and there is even an additional $5 rebate
Competition is always good! And a $5 difference on going rate will fluctuate enough that they will likely trade price advantages.

Where can you get a Scythe Mugen 4 for $47? Newegg doesn't even carry it and the Amazon link has it at $54 on sale.

I've seen that CM 212 Evo around and it looks like quite a bargain, unless the performance sucks. Found an old review elsewhere and it did well.

I do like the look of the CRYORIG H7 !

Sure if you have the room the EVO 212 is a no brainer. The H7 fits in a smaller envelope, I am eyeing it for a future build using the Lian-Li PC-Q10 which has a max cooler height of 140mm. I will have to get crafty with some paper to see if the extra 5mm on the H7 will cause interference.

Sure if you have the room the EVO 212 is a no brainer. The H7 fits in a smaller envelope, I am eyeing it for a future build using the Lian-Li PC-Q10 which has a max cooler height of 140mm. I will have to get crafty with some paper to see if the extra 5mm on the H7 will cause interference.

I am glad to hear you say that, since I chose the 212 for my new build. In fact, the box arrived today with the mobo, CPU, and the cooler. The thing that's scary is, the cooler is the heaviest of the three! :eek:

you guys really need to wipe clean and update your coolers you test. some very popular ones missing. anyway, the H7 is the singular best budget cooler. it's the best performer at $25-$35, beating the 212 EVO. it runs quieter at load than the 212 EVO and doesn't come near ram slots.

Back