Uber Loses Bid To Force Arbitration On Driver

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uber sure seems to need a better legal team. I can't remember the last time they actually won in court.

A former Uber Technologies Inc. driver defeated the company’s bid to force her into arbitration, a second victory after California’s labor commissioner said she should have been considered an employee.

I saw the smug Uber CEO on Colbert a couple weeks ago. He did seem to be in some need of a flyswatter to the face.

Well sure, arbitration is mean for the customer, so they can steam roll right over them. Arbitrated by an arbitrator of the companies choosing no less.

Uber sure seems to need a better legal team. I can't remember the last time they actually won in court.
Its not the lawyers they have that are the problem. Its that they're on the wrong side of the existing case law and written law which is against them in a substantial manner so they're guaranteed to lose eventually.

Right now their hope is that the investor money keeps rolling in to allow them to keep suing/retrialing lost cases and eventually lobby to get laws changed. If they don't pull that off their basically screwed within a few years.

Its not the lawyers they have that are the problem. Its that they're on the wrong side of the existing case law and written law which is against them in a substantial manner so they're guaranteed to lose eventually.

Right now their hope is that the investor money keeps rolling in to allow them to keep suing/retrialing lost cases and eventually lobby to get laws changed. If they don't pull that off their basically screwed within a few years.

The Uber CEO has already laid out his plan: Flout the law until they can buy automated cars to replace all the cars they are borrowing from their drivers and ditch the drivers.

The Uber CEO has already laid out his plan: Flout the law until they can buy automated cars to replace all the cars they are borrowing from their drivers and ditch the drivers.
His public plan might not be his real plan since its well known that automated cars good enough for Uber are quite a ways away from being usable much less affordable.

Back