Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX SE

HardOCP News

[H] News
The review crew at Hardware Asylum has posted a review of the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX SE mini-ITX chassis today.

In this review I’ll be looking at the Enthoo EVOLV SE. The case comes in a variety of colors and the one featured in this review is white with black interior bits. As I mentioned before this is a Mini ITX case and supports dual slot video cards, water cooling and some rather unique hard drive mounting locations.

I have the standard mATX Evolv and love it, Phanteks really knows how to make a nice case.

They certainly covered the bases
ATX 235 mm x 495 mm x 510 mm (W x H x D)
Evolv 230 mm x 450 mm x 400 mm (W x H x D)
ITX 230 mm x 375 mm x 395 mm (W x H x D)

best internals of any case I have seen so far for its size and you even have the Pro M model if you need better airflow and a 5.25 slot

Or wait. Not the SE version. Just the itx box. Nitro 390 fit in there with no problems. Gotta hate that.

IMG_0008-M.jpg

I'm 98% thrilled with the phanteks. I like the buttons, they feel plenty solid and "clicky". The lights on the front aren't blindingly bright like some cases I've had. Ease of removing stuff you don't want/need is very good. Cable management is plenty spacious for such a small build. Panels come on and off easy. Little slide out tray is brilliant. Big fan at the front doesn't make any noise.

My only real gripe with it is the MB positioning. If they could have moved it up 1/2" it would give a big dual slot card more room to breathe. An extra pair of corsair 120 quiets seem to be giving it enough air to sustain itself without the fans on the card needing to go into tornado mode at least. Maybe I should swap out the 200 for a pair of 140s in front.

I had searched a bit for this and was unable to confirm for sure whether or not a Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme would fit in this case. But I went ahead and bought it anyway.

So I just wanted to post this for anyone searching, to confirm that the H115i Extreme Performance cooler DOES in fact fit in this case, BARELY! When I say barely, I am talking about millimeters here, an no room for a rear fan.

Back