The Martian: Ares 3 Mission Guide

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Anyone looking forward to this flick? 20th Century Fox has released a cool mission guide that details the crew and Mars mission. The Martian opens October 2.

Looking forward to the movie, hoping it doesn't end with some magical journey due to lost Martian technology being found, or some robo-dog.

team_america_56-624x384.jpg

Looking forward to the movie, hoping it doesn't end with some magical journey due to lost Martian technology being found, or some robo-dog.

This. Some movies lately were doing ok, and were theoretical, then the whole crew took some drugs and I was wondering what the heck just happened.

Damon's gonna get typecast as a scientist who gets marooned on planets if he keeps this up.

If its anything like the book then it wont be. I really enjoyed the book so I hope this movie is something like it.

I saw a preview, and damon's voiceover said "we're going to have to science the hell out of this"

I'm out.

I saw a preview, and damon's voiceover said "we're going to have to science the hell out of this"

I'm out.

That was a quote from the book, and the main character is a real smart ass, but it's how he copes with his very minimal chance of survival.

The book is very good from a science perspective. The choices he makes make a lot of damn sense. I doubt they will do it in the movie for time purposes, but in the book they explain why choices are made and I really appreciated that.

The ending of the book was the most spectacular part. When I finished the book I was thinking man I would sit through a ton of crap just to enjoy that 15-30 minute segment....you know, like Gravity.

A rocket powered go-kart ascending in order to intercept a half blown up space craft? Fuck ya!

The ending of the book was the most spectacular part. When I finished the book I was thinking man I would sit through a ton of crap just to enjoy that 15-30 minute segment....you know, like Gravity.

A rocket powered go-kart ascending in order to intercept a half blown up space craft? Fuck ya!

Spoiler alert much?

Thanks for ruining the first movie I have actually looked forward too in quite a while (outside of the Marvel movies of course)...That was really shitty of you, and please don't come back with "but it's based on a book blah blah.." Not everyone has read the book yet.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can't believe I fuckin read this thread! Thanks for ruining the movie, my girlfriend just said today we are going to watch this movie today and good thing she didn't read what you typed! Please try not giving away the whole movie if you can help it, thanks.

That was a quote from the book, and the main character is a real smart ass, but it's how he copes with his very minimal chance of survival.

The book is very good from a science perspective. The choices he makes make a lot of damn sense. I doubt they will do it in the movie for time purposes, but in the book they explain why choices are made and I really appreciated that.

I agree, Weir's use of math throughout the book was impressive. I remember seeing an interview where Scott mentioned that quote. He LOVED that line. Looking forward to the film coming out. Think of Cast Away, but on mars.

................................ :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

how to be an asshole 101, see above for example

People bitching about spoilers...in the trailer you can see him doing something....pretty obvious what it is...

Back