Call Of Duty’s Latest Trailer Is 10 Minutes Of Reading

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I can’t help but laugh at how anyone thought this was a good idea, especially when it’s for a franchise that largely caters to short attention spans.

Seriously, gang, this is 10 minutes of reading text. That is what you are signing up for. It's significant that this was published on developing studio Treyarch's YouTube account and not Call of Duty's, because 10 minutes of reading comports with no known effective advertising strategy in the Western world.

matilda-reading.jpg

This seems like some loading screens you used to see while installing large games off 10 cds. lol

0_0.jpg

Probably had no idea how to release a new Call of Duty trailer that didn't expose the game to non-stop internet mockery in the months leading up to its release........every CoD game from this point forward is mentally going to be stacked-up against Righteous Slaughter........and it's probably gonna lose =P

reminds me of all the reading in 8bit nintendo games.

Was this a throwback to that ?

How is reading not beneficial to the player?

With all due respect, what do you all do? Skip the information presented to assist you to complete the mission?

Fucking pathetic. :(

I made it through over 2 minutes! Yeah, this looks like total crap, like graphics worse than the first Modern Warfare. I was able to read about 10-20% of the text in each frame because I was too busy gawking at how bad all those screen-shots were.

Not sure what game(s) this clip was meant to publicize, but definitely does a horrible job at making me want to play any CoD games.

Back