Apple Is About To Launch .Apple

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I’ve got dibs on youreholdingitwrong.apple and ifyouseeastylustheyblewit.apple.

Although fanbois are likely to get very excited over the idea of domain names ending in "apple" (they tend to get excited over literally anything that Apple does), the move may represent something more significant in terms of the broader internet: the first significant public awareness of what are being called in the domain industry "dot-brands."

So how much did apple pay icann for this and did they buy exclusive rights to the .apple domain...

itunesisnotavirus.apple
zerophilanthropy.apple
u2.apple
bendyphones.apple
icloudselfies.apple

What's that smell coming from the cabinet.
rotten.apple

For you juicers.
cran.apple

Already tedious enough having to type the 3 character domain suffix so can't imagine the hassle of 5 character.

Does this mean that NYC wouldn't be able to own big.apple or would they just need to pay Apple a few billion?

Figured you were going there. He wasn't public about it. Are you public about your philanthropy?

Considering some of the things Bill Gates invests in I don't particularly find him to be a Mother Theresa LMFTFY.

Am I public about my philanthropy, sure. But you already figured that would be my answer.

Comparing Gates to Mother Teresa. ok.
Which you also probably figured I would say.

Does this mean that NYC wouldn't be able to own big.apple or would they just need to pay Apple a few billion?
Oh, you underestimate the gTLD's uses for a narcissistic user base. While it may eventually be used by outside entities like that (at least if it somehow is all about Apple Inc), I think we'll first see [email protected] type email addresses to roll our eyes at. :p

Am I public about my philanthropy, sure. But you already figured that would be my answer.

Comparing Gates to Mother Teresa. ok.
Which you also probably figured I would say.

Yeah it's not every fair to Bill Gates to compare him to Mother Theresa, he's done a lot more for the world with a less destructive agenda behind him.

Sigh..Am I the only It person who see's the whole Dot brands thing as utterly stupid?

Back