Apple Wins Patent Ruling Against Samsung

HardOCP News

[H] News
The current round in the never ending fight between Samsung and Apple goes to the crew from Cupertino.

The 2-1 appeals court ruling said that Apple's proposed injunction is narrow because it does not want to ban Samsung's devices from the marketplace, and that Samsung can remove the patented features without recalling its products.

The best thing to do would simply be to shoot all the lawyers. Billions of dollars that could have gone to R&D are being squandered paying shysters for this never ending bullshit.

Shouldn't Samsung be suing Apple for almost every new feature in Apple's new phones?
All Apple seems to be due the past 2 years is copying everyone else's features.

No matter how all this turns out, you can count on two things.
#1 The only winners are the lawyers
#2 The biggest losers by far are consumers

Shouldn't Samsung be suing Apple for almost every new feature in Apple's new phones?

Actually the dispute in question dates back to stuff released 3 years ago, and Samsung has basically been stalling and steam rolling since then. Any stuff release in the last 2 years isn't all the relevant in this case.

Not that I support either company but both should have just settled out of court by years ago, but both have been butting heads over it and basically the lawyers are the only winners.

Apple doesn't have a clue without Steve Jobs. And a big part of that is because Jobs was such a control freak and egomaniac that he surrounded himself with yes men that couldn't take a sh*# without his permission.

If it weren't for Jesus Jobs's Jihad against Samsung that is now the eternal mandate at Apple, I'm pretty sure that Samsung and Apple would both have collectively decided that those billions spent on lawyers would better be suited in some sort of cross-licensing partnership to destroy Google or something similar at this point.

If it weren't for Jesus Jobs's Jihad against Samsung that is now the eternal mandate at Apple, I'm pretty sure that Samsung and Apple would both have collectively decided that those billions spent on lawyers would better be suited in some sort of cross-licensing partnership to destroy Google or something similar at this point.

Pray tell, what OS would Samsung phones run if not Android?

slide to unlock
auto correct
data detection

UMMMM... the people who are ruling on this must be kindergarten dropouts.

I want to be a lawyer for Apple or Samsung so bad..Holy crap those guys are rolling in the damn money at this point. Who cares if the whole world hates you if they don't know your name. They can hate me all they want while I'm wiping my ass with $100 bills.:D

slide to unlock
auto correct
data detection

UMMMM... the people who are ruling on this must be kindergarten dropouts.

Microsoft should be the holder of slide to unlock
auto correct should be not apple I think that has been done for many years in office type products.
data detection so a key function or all phones is patentable... juges be rockin the apple payroll...

Microsoft should be the holder of slide to unlock
auto correct should be not apple I think that has been done for many years in office type products.
data detection so a key function or all phones is patentable... juges be rockin the apple payroll...

Slide to unlock has been invalidated due to prior art. Apple should not have a patent for it anymore, period.

How come you cant patent software ideas, but if you toss it on a piece of proprietary hardware, it becomes a proprietary software feature.

Pray tell, what OS would Samsung phones run if not Android?

Samsung has already demonstrated that they want to move away from Google in general with Tizen (even if it is derived from Android). Nothing says they wouldn't be willing to explore other options if they were presented to them.

Apple doesn't have a clue without Steve Jobs. And a big part of that is because Jobs was such a control freak and egomaniac that he surrounded himself with yes men that couldn't take a sh*# without his permission.

While overkill is very common with people like Jobs, it was his vision of how devices should work with/for people that revolutionized the market for everyone.

People joke about the stylus now but removing it on those small devices was pretty big in the usability department. Not directly due to the stylus but to the fact they put less on the screen at a time with bigger buttons (less options to confuse users).

Prior to Jobs MP3 players were drag and drop which is "easy" for computer people... but from my experience most people just don't get the file/folder system and thus even this principle is hard to grasp cause they don't understand where the files are and what to drag etc.

Computer engineers are very smart but their brains work a certain way and so things that make perfect sense for them don't make as much sense to everyone.

While Jobs could be nutz it was his vision and demanding nature that made it possible.

I've never really been all that happy for Apple over some of their patent stuff, but I think it's important and good that Apple won this one because, even though they pretty much fully contract out everything from physical product design to production to other companies, they at least should get favored in court no matter how much relations are like getting better internationally between the US and Korea because Korea is still like doing parades, building satellites, and they admitted to turning on some kinda nuclear reactor recently which has a lot of people worried about what they're up to. I know Samsung isn't the Korean government, of course, but it stands to reason that lots of the private industry is prolly government controlled just like in China where there's some kinda weird economic system that's different than ours.

Back