MSI R9 390X Gaming 8GB Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The review crew at Real Hardware Reviews has just published a review of the MSI R9 390X Gaming 8GB video card. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

There is always pros and cons for opting for one card over another but if you are the type of PC gaming enthusiast who likes simple, easy overclocking; or are budget conscience; or even just like getting value for your money the MSI R9 390X Gaming 8 deserves to be on your short list. Don’t let Internet FUD scare you away from a card that is more than capable of getting the job done - and doing so without breaking the bank.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7PNNIS/?tag=extension-kb-20

"Add in an average asking price of $425, or $75 less than a stock GeForce GTX 980, and your reference r9 390X actually has a lot going for it."

"When you combine GTX 980 (and better) levels of performance with GTX 970 prices the results are nothing short of double-take worthy. "

If you are paying $425 for gtx 970, well i feel sorry for your country.

Still pretty good its 25% faster than a 970 and only $125 more.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Even after the new top-end cards the 290x... 390x is priced at a real sweet spot. 8GB is a nice bonus that might matter in a few months, but who knows. It does feel like you could have gotten this card a little cheaper a few months back before the 300 series launch.

If you have the space, AMD is the way to go for $500 and less. If you're looking at the GTX980, just get an R9-390x for less, or spend a little more and get a GTX980-Ti.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7PNNIS/?tag=extension-kb-20
If you are paying $425 for gtx 970, well i feel sorry for your country.

Depends on comparative pricing, not absolute.

EG I paid $400 for a GTX 970 with aftermarket, for GTX 980 it was $600 back then. However the currency has gone down now and it's closer to $380 vs $550.

980ti Lightning is the only bombshell pricing I have seen. I estimated that lightning, based on the comparative prices here, would be $700 in the US, not $800 as it ended up being (which made lightning cheaper here, a very rare occurence).

However, even if direct conversion is the same, $350 would mean less to you than to us due to wage differences.

Back on topic, 390X here is pretty much exactly between 980 and 970, 390 is the same as 970.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back