Marvel Infinity Stone Featurette

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is building up to a big showdown with Thanos, who will eventually possess a bunch of super-powerful artifacts, the Infinity Stones. This featurette offers a pretty good summary of the stones and how they have played a part in the film universe so far.

This is why DC comics will never get any where near the success of marvel. This is epic.

This is why DC comics will never get any where near the success of marvel. This is epic.

It's like Intel vs. AMD. I want both to be great! There is room for both to tell great stories, and the hope is that competition will only make both of them better.

It's like Intel vs. AMD. I want both to be great! There is room for both to tell great stories, and the hope is that competition will only make both of them better.

True, but DC keeps failing. Latest attempt was Fantastic 4. They should just do the movies and stop failing at copying marvel and all will be good :)

Marvel has literally saved Hollywood and put a dent in my wallet all at the same time. I am not complaining.

Marvel has literally saved Hollywood and put a dent in my wallet all at the same time. I am not complaining.

I can wholeheartedly agree with this.

I personally hate going to the movies, but Marvel movies have this thing I can't describe that makes me go watch them at the theater.

Whatever they come out with next, you can bet I'll be there on release day.

funny-pictures-Marvel-auto-Spider-Man-383663.jpeg

Anyone else notice the wording they used regarding the Infinity War? He said, to paraphrase, it will make an amazing saga. I take that as meaning after phase three and the introduction of the final stones, they'll have multiple movies covering the Infinity War. I don't know if this is covered in an MCU roadmap or something somewhere but seriously...how much longer do they think they can milk this cow before it runs dry?

I mean, I thoroughly enjoy watching all these movies but I'm just curious as to when the public will get bored with it....kinda surprised they haven't yet....also glad they haven't, lol.

I personally hate going to the movies, but Marvel movies have this thing I can't describe that makes me go watch them at the theater.
It's called "writing that isn't shit." Many modern moviegoers are unfamiliar with it.

The one thing that really convinced me that Marvel Studios does know what they're doing is a documentary I saw last year (might be on YouTube, I can't recall the source at this moment) and in it one of the execs basically laid it out and said words to this effect:

Some Marvel Studios Exec in a documentary about the company said:
"We decided when we started Marvel Studios that we were only going to make movies that we wanted to see. The majority of superhero films generally tend to be crap and so we felt we could do it better. And why not: we're the company responsible for creating some of the best comic book heroes of all time so, it makes sense that the creative talent that's made Marvel so popular - including of course Stan Lee himself - should be in charge of bringing out superhero characters to the big screen and doing it in a big way we can always be proud of."

They make the movies they want to see, and that's all there is to say about that. ;)

It's going to be an epic deal when Thanos completes the Infinity Gauntlet. Really really bad shit is going to happen. Hopefully they'll have the complete Avengers squad by then, including Logan. If they do it right, we'll also see the full X-Men team, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four together in probably a series of three movies.

I'm so excited, I can't hardly stand it.

looking forward to infinity war, i hope it's as good as the first avengers movie.

Google, and ye shall receive....ten more movies over the course of the next four years...good lord!

Yeah was going to say, it's fairly well know that the Infinity War story will span 2 Avenger's movies. Although I'm wondering what this is doing now, I mean the Infinity War story line isn't until 2018, sure they'll probably throw in more "gems" here and there, but I doubt in the next movie (Captain America: Civil War) perhaps in the Dr. Strange movie after that which is a year from now. Eh. We'll see if people's desire to watch comic movies wanes by then.

For me its hard to place these marvel movies.

Its not that they are oscar worthy but they sure are entertaining.

They are great movies not for anything new or the best performances or story or writing. They are great cause they strike such a perfect balance of all those things to appease the comic nerd, the summer block buster fan etc there is something for lots of people.

The pacing they have is excellent for the most part, imo this is one of the most important aspect of a films especially one like these. They pulled off Avengers with lots of characters where Sony has tried numerous times (spiderman twice) and fallen flat on its face each time (and I suspect the same will happen with the Superman vs Batman).

Humor is key to good action clicks, can easily be stupid and overdone and marvel does it well.

It's called "writing that isn't shit." Many modern moviegoers are unfamiliar with it.

If all I'd seen in recent years was these Marvel movies I'd still be unfamiliar with it. They're almost entirely fanservice as far as I can tell, with very little to offer anyone who didn't grow up with the comics other than 100 minutes of big budget explosions and facile story lines.

If all I'd seen in recent years was these Marvel movies I'd still be unfamiliar with it. They're almost entirely fanservice as far as I can tell, with very little to offer anyone who didn't grow up with the comics other than 100 minutes of big budget explosions and facile story lines.

This is what makes these movies so great because they cater to the crowds that deserve them.

I like the fact that you actually have to know abit about the characters and the comics to truly follow the movies.

There are plenty of other movies for people that have no clue to go watch.

These are for the fans that have been waiting 20+ years for these movies.

Back