Xbox One Exec: No Doubt We Have The Best Exclusives This Holiday

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
With games like Forza Motorsport 6 and Halo 5: Guardians, I feel pretty inclined to agree that the Xbox One has a nice lineup for the holidays. I’m pretty sure I’m going to hold out for the PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider, though.

"The amount of big, blockbuster, exclusive titles that you can get this holiday on Xbox is just stunning," he told Official Xbox Magazine, as reported by sister site GamesRadar. "I mean, it's really amazing. I think if you look at our competition, there's no way that people can really stack up with our exclusive content."

I am looking forward to trying the new UI and seeing how far they go with playing 360 games on it more than I am their exclusives.

I guess Halo might be alright as a budget purchase. 4 kinda sucked, and 5 seems more CoDfied than before so meh. Forza would be great other than I havent been into a racing sim in years.

What else even is there?

Yeah the 360 emulation is much more entertaining. Or would be other than my 360 is still hooked up so I can play Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

360 is pretty much one step out the door. ONE is good but I can't handle that annoying UI, so I let my kid play with it, I only use ONE to stream HBO Go and Netflix.

Yeah the UI was painfully frustrating, slow & counter-intuitive. Did I mention slow? How they even released it in such a state is beyond me. I'm sure it will be a bit faster with the new Hybrid-SSD SKU but that's too little too late for me & I had to sell. Too bad they didn't take a clue from Sony and let users upgrade internal storage.

Yeah the 360 emulation is much more entertaining. Or would be other than my 360 is still hooked up so I can play Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

This is it for me. Why use the XB1 if you already have a 360? I'd guess many users would already have the last gen system already there. When PS3 came out at least it had smoothing & upscaling for old PS2 games and it worked amazingly for the few games I played on it. It was a solid reason to use the PS3 to play PS2 games.

The XB1 emulator seems just to be there for those that cannot be bothered to turn on their 360s. That or their 360's died, or they have or want to buy 360 games that will often run somewhat slower than they should(as of right now). It's impressive emulation, but I just don't see the point in this on consoles whatsoever anymore.

meh Forza used to be a big deal but now that we have Project Cars on pc, its no longer a system seller for me and I'd rather cut my dick off and throw it in a blender before I play an fps with a controller again, especially multiplayer. I know exclusives sell systems but MS is missing out on some serious money by keeping these games on Xbone and not porting them to Windows 10.

runudownquick said:
The XB1 emulator seems just to be there for those that cannot be bothered to turn on their 360s. That or their 360's died, or they have or want to buy 360 games that will often run somewhat slower than they should(as of right now). It's impressive emulation, but I just don't see the point in this on consoles whatsoever anymore.

So far I've only emulated via Rare Replay (which sucks that only the N64 version of Conker is available. Yay uncensored but boo it looks like ass and the camera is bleh) but the XBLA emulation is spot on and smooth. Haven't tried the full 360 games yet to comment on how they run.

I do still see the point though. It can be nice to not have so many systems hooked up at once. But I'll dl what I must to play what I want. Hence my stupid shame filled decision to get the Xbone, just for Rare Replay, Halo MCC, and Gears Ultimate. I rented Sunset Overdrive and its alright but otherwise I'm not seeing much use out of the console compared to my PC or PS4. I feel like I'm rambling off topic now.

Fuck them and fuck their exclusives. Promoting that crap should be grounds for open season on the executives that do this shit. So freaking tired of "you must buy our shit to play this shit." If it's done because a certain platform has capabilities such that the game can't function on a device that's one thing. But to just say, "haha you can't play this because we are greedy assholes", that i don't particularly care for. If your hardware was any good, it could and would stand on it's own.

They don't have Naughty Dog games, therefore they don't have the best exclusives. :p

Back