Our Daily Apple Hate Article

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I named the title of the article what Steve should name all his anti-Apple stories. USA Today, which is the leader in technical journalism in the World, tells us today that, "Apple 'isn't reinventing the world' anymore." They are screwed for sure now!

But many investors may only be starting to appreciate how a maturing product can put a stock in neutral. Shares of Apple are down roughly 16% from the highs notched this year as investors confidence was soaring. "We remain cautious on Apple for the rest of the yer as we think the company has tough compares for iPhones, which could make it tough for the stock to work," says Abhey Lamba, analyst with Mizuho, who has a $125 price target on the stock.

I love the Apple hate! Apple, charging more for inferior products since... they were started.

And yet the company is sitting on more cash than most countries combined.

Oh apple is dying/dead/death throws of course it's not, look at it's quarterly P&L statements.

Idiot journalists.

Oh apple is dying/dead/death throws of course it's not, look at it's quarterly P&L statements.

Idiot journalists.
Their brand will only last until idiotic consumers realize they're not getting the value that they're paying for.
Staying ahead of the curve in tech is one way to go about making a successful business. The other way is behind the curve but at a much better price. Apple is definitely the first, not the latter. When they stopped innovating and started sitting on their ass, it's only a short time until people take notice and their cash reserves start depleting.

On another note, did you know that IBM is still around? Definitely not a leader like they used to be. This will be apple in 10 years.

This probably says more about the investment class than it does about Apple ... certainly stock prices must align with company growth but how many companies of the size of Apple can grow at double rates for all eternity ... the fact that a company with a 5-10% growth rate is considered subpar says a lot about the over speculative investor class

Apple needs to do some soul searching and discover some new markets to play in ... they are not (anymore than Google is) at the end of the road where they become Alexander the Great, "Alexander wept for there were no more worlds to conquer" ;)

Idiot journalists.

Most of these articles are about whether the stock is going to go up, down, stay the same, etc. That's all investors ultimately care about.

Idiot journalists.

Yup, wake me up when they decide to actually start spending their cash, because that's the only way they're going down anytime soon. At this point they have such massive investment in manufacturing that their margins on hardware are beyond the reach of their major competitors. They make hardware for less money than their competitors and sell it for more than they do. Even if they completely stopped innovating or producing anything novel, this alone will keep them afloat. If making fat stacks of cash is what it feels like to be dying, I look forward to old age.

Their brand will only last until idiotic consumers realize they're not getting the value that they're paying for.
Staying ahead of the curve in tech is one way to go about making a successful business. The other way is behind the curve but at a much better price. Apple is definitely the first, not the latter. When they stopped innovating and started sitting on their ass, it's only a short time until people take notice and their cash reserves start depleting.

On another note, did you know that IBM is still around? Definitely not a leader like they used to be. This will be apple in 10 years.

Consumers will not wakeup as long as the Customer Service and Apple Experience keep them fat, dumb, and happy. Look at any other phone manufacturer the specs on their phones make iphones look pitiful yet customers are drawn to them for the above reasons. Apple knows that taking care of it's customers and keep them happy and with just enough of the new tech that they'll buy the latest iShit is all they need to stay around.

IBM is still making money even though it sold it's soul to lenovo, they chose a different path and got out of the cutthroat hardware business. Good for them.

PS: I love my iphone, wouldn't trade it for an android.

Nothing Apple has ever had anything remotely to do with value.

People define "value" in different ways. The average consumer doesn't care about how functional/fast/efficient something is - they care about how it makes them look in a sea of otherwise indifferent human beings. Because, let's face it, everyone cares what everyone else thinks on some level, no matter how much they may profess otherwise.

If my whole family didn't use iOS I probably wouldn't either but in my case it's a question of efficient interoperability.

People define "value" in different ways. The average consumer doesn't care about how functional/fast/efficient something is - they care about how it makes them look in a sea of otherwise indifferent human beings. Because, let's face it, everyone cares what everyone else thinks on some level, no matter how much they may profess otherwise.

If my whole family didn't use iOS I probably wouldn't either but in my case it's a question of efficient interoperability.

My entire family is on iOS and the iMessage nonsense (where I don't get any messages sent out as iMsg via group text) continues to be an issue. I am the only Android user in the family now.

Curious if that problem will ever be fixed.

We've tried using Line, Whatsapp, whatever, but in reality - people are lazy.
And so they will use what is default, and that is iMsg.

A friend's entire extended family (20+ people) all use Imessage with their apple iphone's in one group chat that goes back YEARS. They all post comments, pictures, what's going on in their lives, in a fully private chat that she cannot participate in because it's inside apple's ecosystem. It was bizzare to watch them all go through this long group chat with everything from a 4S to a 6+.

Even though she has a One Plus 2 which is vastly superior she wants to dump the phone to get the Iphone so she can talk to everyone and keep abreast on what is going on.

That's the power of that community.

My entire family is on iOS and the iMessage nonsense (where I don't get any messages sent out as iMsg via group text) continues to be an issue. I am the only Android user in the family now.

Curious if that problem will ever be fixed.

We've tried using Line, Whatsapp, whatever, but in reality - people are lazy.
And so they will use what is default, and that is iMsg.

Tell your family to stop being morons and to stop using proprietary bullshit like that.

As others have said, "perceived value" is what keeps Apple going strong. The same reason why Beats is so popular is why Apple is doing so well. Apple is a fashion statement more than anything, I am an Apple hater but I have to admit that their products look great, physically feel great, and come in packaging that has a great "wow" factor. Just like Beats, they have marketed it super well (remember all those catchy songs? And Beats is doing it by paying famous people to wear their products). To me, Apple makes beautiful "toys", and that's what the a large amount of people want these days, toys.

Such butthurt in this statement.

Every fucking iPhone when it hits the shelf is the top performing of the time. Then Samsung refreshing six months later and it gets compared as if it came out at the same time or some shit.

Please point me to a Laptop with the size, form factor, performance, screen quality, etc for a lower cost than a mac book. Plus the customer service and experience you get at Apple.

Try going somewhere and getting one on one help with your Samsung galaxy. Or a timely update for that matter.

There is nothing even remotely comparable all around to what apple puts on the market. You can get better specs for cheaper but they cram it into a shitty plastic cheaply built chassis.

Hate to break it to you but the only people who care about who has an Apple product are the people on [H]. The subject of what phone you have never comes up in the daily life of most anyone, ever.

A friend's entire extended family (20+ people) all use Imessage with their apple iphone's in one group chat that goes back YEARS. They all post comments, pictures, what's going on in their lives, in a fully private chat that she cannot participate in because it's inside apple's ecosystem. It was bizzare to watch them all go through this long group chat with everything from a 4S to a 6+.

Even though she has a One Plus 2 which is vastly superior she wants to dump the phone to get the Iphone so she can talk to everyone and keep abreast on what is going on.

That's the power of that community.

Another family of idiots.

My family got bored of iCrap years ago and they all use Android or Windows Phone now. Being the only person that knows anything about computers helps.

That's the way to communicate with people. Hey MORONS change all your phones to what I am using.

LOL

If people are worth talking to, they will make the 1 minute effort to install another app to chat with me. Otherwise, I don't give a fuck about communicating with them because people who insist on using proprietary single-phone bullshit are stupid and I brook no tolerance for stupidity.

Apple has never "reinvented the world"

From day one their business model was to take something that someone else had already done, add polish and solid industrial design and sell it as "new and magical".

This is what they did with the original Mac in the 80's, (the concept of GUI computing was already developed by others at that time) this is what they did with the iPod (there were plenty of mp3 players on the market already) it's what they did when they introduced the iPad (far from the first tablet) and what they did just the other day when they added the keyboard to the iPad Pro.

Apples core strengths have never involved transformitive technology. They have involved repackaging other peoples transformitive technology in a sleek, beautiful and easy to use package (and then charging 3 times more than the original)

The only exception to this I can think of right now was the iPhone. It WAS the first real internet integrated consumer smartphone to hit the market in 2007. Sure, blackberries could email well, but thir browsers were god awful.

That being said, the iPhone wasn't "revolutionary". It was more evolutionary. Lots of phone makers were headed in that direction. Apple just beat them to it.

Are you guys related to robots who obey your every command or actual human beings who have their own desires and make choices for themselves?

My family is just not stupid like some people's. It helps that we have a lot of IT people in the extended family who hate iCrap as much as I do.

If people are worth talking to, they will make the 1 minute effort to install another app to chat with me. Otherwise, I don't give a fuck about communicating with them because people who insist on using proprietary single-phone bullshit are stupid and I brook no tolerance for stupidity.

Actually here in the real world you aren't worth talking to for most people. You just can't see it.

Seriously, some of you guys are taking crazy pills.

In my experience its the worst PC users that go to Apple.
Only to crash and burn there as well... but they feel better for it somehow.

Zarathustra[H];1041849675 said:
Apple has never "reinvented the world"

From day one their business model was to take something that someone else had already done, add polish and solid industrial design and sell it as "new and magical".

This is what they did with the original Mac in the 80's, (the concept of GUI computing was already developed by others at that time) this is what they did with the iPod (there were plenty of mp3 players on the market already) it's what they did when they introduced the iPad (far from the first tablet) and what they did just the other day when they added the keyboard to the iPad Pro.

Apples core strengths have never involved transformitive technology. They have involved repackaging other peoples transformitive technology in a sleek, beautiful and easy to use package (and then charging 3 times more than the original)

The only exception to this I can think of right now was the iPhone. It WAS the first real internet integrated consumer smartphone to hit the market in 2007. Sure, blackberries could email well, but thir browsers were god awful.

That being said, the iPhone wasn't "revolutionary". It was more evolutionary. Lots of phone makers were headed in that direction. Apple just beat them to it.

Apple is basically a marketing company that convinces gullible fools to pay outrageous prices for made in China hardware that you can get elsewhere for cheaper.

Steve Jobs never invented anything. The brains behind early apple was always Wozniak.

The iPhone was absolutely not the first internet capable smartphone. Obviously we are forgetting things like Palm OS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian.

Apple is basically a marketing company that convinces gullible fools to pay outrageous prices for made in China hardware that you can get elsewhere for cheaper.

Steve Jobs never invented anything. The brains behind early apple was always Wozniak.

The iPhone was absolutely not the first internet capable smartphone. Obviously we are forgetting things like Palm OS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian.

5d5.gif

My family is just not stupid like some people's. It helps that we have a lot of IT people in the extended family who hate iCrap as much as I do.

The whole idea that a user must be "stupid" for using any type of product you don't is preposterous. If you "hate iCrap" (or "hate M$ crap" or "hate Google crap" or anything else) how are you possibly qualified to make an unbiased decision about any of them, let alone for your whole family?

The blind leading the blind is not a family dynamic I envy at all.

Shouldn't you be at MacRumors or something?

No one likes an Apple shill.

Stop-Liking-What-I-Dont-Like_o_115105.jpg

This is pretty much what your argument entails. You also have no idea what I use or who I am.

The whole idea that a user must be "stupid" for using any type of product you don't is preposterous. If you "hate iCrap" (or "hate M$ crap" or "hate Google crap" or anything else) how are you possibly qualified to make an unbiased decision about any of them, let alone for your whole family?

The blind leading the blind is not a family dynamic I envy at all.

This.

In my experience its the worst PC users that go to Apple.
Only to crash and burn there as well... but they feel better for it somehow.

Generally true.

The majority of iPhone users at my office are the people who know the least about computers (think Marketing and Sales). While some of the technical people have iPhones, the vast majority use Android.

I proud to say I have no overpriced Apple junk in my house, not even an iPod.
All pc's are Windows, phones are Android, and we have both Android and Windows tablets.

Maybe people don't really have a lot of words to use when they express themselves, but it's a little bit weird to see someone say they hate a product or an ideology. Like sure, everyone has personal preferences. If I was gonna bother to get a cell phone, I'd probably get an Android (or a Blackberry because physical keyboards are kinda cool), but I'm not gonna flip out and go on some crazy-cakes crusade in an attempt to convert someone who is wants to use an iPhone instead. Nor do I think it's really important if I had an iPhone to spend my time arguing with people who feel so enraged about them. It's just a phone...it seems sorta childish and silly to argue about them.

Anywho, Apple hasn't released anything really hugely different in a while aside from their watch thing (which isn't the first product of that type) so while they might not be doing new things, that doesn't mean they can't operate the company effectively to defend their current share of the market from competitors by selling at a higher price based on a differentiation strategy. It's totally sustainable until something new eventually comes along. Like, I mean how long did it take Apple to go from selling Macintosh computers that were basically the same as any other computer until the company hit on something that was viewed as new and revolutionary by potential customers like their iPod (not saying it actually was new and revolutionary, but customer perception is more important than reality)? How long? Like twenty jillions of years really. Super new ideas don't come along very often.

Maybe people don't really have a lot of words to use when they express themselves, but it's a little bit weird to see someone say they hate a product or an ideology. Like sure, everyone has personal preferences. If I was gonna bother to get a cell phone, I'd probably get an Android (or a Blackberry because physical keyboards are kinda cool), but I'm not gonna flip out and go on some crazy-cakes crusade in an attempt to convert someone who is wants to use an iPhone instead. Nor do I think it's really important if I had an iPhone to spend my time arguing with people who feel so enraged about them. It's just a phone...it seems sorta childish and silly to argue about them.

Anywho, Apple hasn't released anything really hugely different in a while aside from their watch thing (which isn't the first product of that type) so while they might not be doing new things, that doesn't mean they can't operate the company effectively to defend their current share of the market from competitors by selling at a higher price based on a differentiation strategy. It's totally sustainable until something new eventually comes along. Like, I mean how long did it take Apple to go from selling Macintosh computers that were basically the same as any other computer until the company hit on something that was viewed as new and revolutionary by potential customers like their iPod (not saying it actually was new and revolutionary, but customer perception is more important than reality)? How long? Like twenty jillions of years really. Super new ideas don't come along very often.

Apple is an enemy of freedom. Anyone who supports them supports censorship and a future where some corporation, rather than the owner of the device, decides what can and cannot be installed on it. Apple has already used their "walled garden" to aid the Chinese government in human rights violations (e.g. censoring anything on Tibet, removing apps that circumvent the great firewall).

If I ever need an example of what irony is, I'll just show the screenshot your posts.

I missed the part where I called family/friends stupid for using a different technology than me.

I wouldn't have very much family/friends if I operated like some of you.

Apple is an enemy of freedom. Anyone who supports them supports censorship and a future where some corporation, rather than the owner of the device, decides what can and cannot be installed on it. Apple has already used their "walled garden" to aid the Chinese government in human rights violations (e.g. censoring anything on Tibet, removing apps that circumvent the great firewall).

LOL, you don't think Samsung would kill to close of their Galaxy line. I have some property in Arizona that you just have to see.

LOL, you don't think Samsung would kill to close of their Galaxy line. I have some property in Arizona that you just have to see.

If they wanted to do that, they would have done it already as there is nothing stopping them.

The Apple II line were great product.

Apple has had a bunch of great products. The lombard and then pismo notebooks were a very good for example(not as old as the apple II by any means but not new either).

While I completely understand hating apple one should be able to acknowledge that they do get things right from time to time. Same way I can see someone hating Sony for the anti consumer shit they have done and lack of security they had on everyones data. Still one should acknowledge the things like the walkman for making portable music players popular and its work on things like cds.

Hardly an Apple hate article.

Clickbate on this site is as bad as any. Terrible.

Well, I get that the don't always do things that people consider ethical, but Apple is a business entity and that means it has an order of priority in conducting operations. Economic and legal responsibilities come first (with economics arguably taking the lead even before the legality of its conduct) and playing second fiddle are ethical and discretionary social responsibilities. That's not like a CUG thing either. It's a model of business priorities conceptualized by someone named Archie Carroll.

http://www.academia.edu/419511/The_Four_Faces_of_Corporate_Citizenship

I'd totally love to see companies exist in a world where their managers wouldn't have to put the company's profits ahead of their social obligations, but Apple's leadership probably determined that bowing to the desires of the Chinese government was preferred to fighting with them and disrupting their operations in the country which could endanger their entire supply chain along with a pretty healthy market wherein they make a lot of sales. Companies, no matter how powerful, still aren't in a position to dominate most national governments. In fact, it'd be kinda scary if that did happen. I'm not sure things would turn out any better than they do now and they might be worse...but that's like even more way off topic so let's just let that go for now. :)

Does any of that make what Apple does okay, based on that? Nope, not at all, but it also is just how stuff ends up being in the world we live in and the only thing that individuals can do is try to make little changes where they can, but I think even those little changes are better made without being upset or taking the actions of a company out on the people who purchase the products it produces. No matter how many blood diamonds went into the production of a product, the end buyer generally isn't the right target for anger. Its also easier to convince someone to align with your own thoughts if you persuade with smiles and bait them with honeyed words than roll out your cannons to broadside them with a case of anger.

I have never understood hating a company (other than Monsanto ... who really seems to deserve it) ... I use Intel exclusively for my chips (but I don't hate AMD), I use Microsoft exclusively for my OS and Office Suite (but I don't hate Linux or Google), I use an iPhone and iPad (but I don't hate Android or Microsoft ... the MS Surface has been very tempting though), I use Lenovo exclusively for laptops (but I don't hate other brands), and I am exclusively NVidia for GPUs (but I don't hate AMD here either) ... my choices don't invalidate other people's choices any more than their choices invalidate mine ... one size fits all is one size fits nobody and each person has different performance, support, or price needs that a single company cannot meet ... Namaste :cool:

Back