Vertagear SL2000 Gaming Chair Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Benchmark Reviews had a lot of nice things to say about the Vertagear SL2000 gaming chair they just reviewed. If you need a new chair to park your butt in, this review is for you.

Much like the beds we sleep in, it’s very important to select the right chair to sit in for a good portion of our lives. I owned a comfortable office chair that followed me around after college, and played several roles at the dining table on occasion. More recently, there was the expensive Embody chair review that stirred controversy. Now we’ve got gaming chairs, bringing style together with luxury.

Oh look, another $300 office chair shaped like a race-car seat.

Yeah, I'll be keeping my steelcase leap.

I would hope that the Steelcase Leap is better than the SL2000 , considering it costs over three times as much.

Another seat to make me more lazy once I sit down....hmmmmm

I'm listening...

I've seen essentially the same exact seat here in Germany at the Hofmeister (like a higher end Ikea). It's the DXRacer seats. They also suck.

http://www.dxracer-europe.com/

Personally, I'd just go hit up an Ikea for a cheap $15 chair and steal the base off it. Then hit up a junkyard and jack the front bucket seat. Mount it to the base. Done. I did that when I replaced the bucket seats in my car.

I would hope that the Steelcase Leap is better than the SL2000 , considering it costs over three times as much.

It also isn't trying to look like a race-car seat for no reason other than the sake of appearance, and if you take the time to shop around(and have office furniture liquidators in your area), can pick them up for around $300-400(seriously, you can get steelcase/humanscale/herman miller/etc. chairs for cheap from these places when they buy desks/chairs/etc. in bulk from failed startups and such).

It also isn't trying to look like a race-car seat for no reason other than the sake of appearance, and if you take the time to shop around(and have office furniture liquidators in your area), can pick them up for around $300-400(seriously, you can get steelcase/humanscale/herman miller/etc. chairs for cheap from these places when they buy desks/chairs/etc. in bulk from failed startups and such).

Picked my leap up for $160 at a used office furniture warehouse. Great condition but only came with in blue mesh but meh.

IF the Arm Rests are rubber they can possibly tear your rotator cuff or wear it out best to look for leather arm rest or fabric or hard plastic. I just say this from past experience of getting pain from excessive mouse use.

So is there some factory in China just pumping these things out so that companies like DX Racer and Vertagear can brand them? Nearly all of these chairs look identical. Although I suppose if you're aping a comfortable driver's seat there are only so many designs you can use.

Picked my leap up for $160 at a used office furniture warehouse. Great condition but only came with in blue mesh but meh.
Not bad. I wound up with light blue for a little over $200, could have gotten it in black for another $100 but whatever. Those office furniture places are definitely the way to go, the furniture they sell isn't the cheapo staples brand desks and chairs you assemble yourself, it's stuff built to survive years of daily use for hours at a time.
So is there some factory in China just pumping these things out so that companies like DX Racer and Vertagear can brand them? Nearly all of these chairs look identical. Although I suppose if you're aping a comfortable driver's seat there are only so many designs you can use.
Probably. The thing about chairs, is that what is comfortable to one person isn't necessarily the same for another. I guess if people really like that pattern of chair(seems popular enough). Personally I just see it as a pointless gaudy chair "because gamer!" that I would have wanted back when I was like 12. Same goes for the gaming mice and keyboards with all of the goofy crap like that logitech g310 with what looks like a tiny grab handle on the side, yet it's too small to even be usable so it just takes up desk space... on a keyboard without a number pad.

ill just buy JDM integra type R recaro and turn it into a seat...

Zomg! A gaming chair that heavy people can use <3

The product page does not list rubber in the materials part.

As a heavy person, I find my options limited for computer chairs since not every manufacter lists weight limits on their product pages.

I also have certain requirements for a chair, and this has 2 of the most important features such as non-cloth surfaces(meaning I wouldnt need to walk it many miles to a upholstery place to have it cleaned properly(no car and cant take something like this on the bus)) and the listed weight limit exceeding 300 pounds means it should be able to take whatever abuse I can throw at it. Many great chair options for most people have a limit of 250 pounds in which I would exceed a little bit.

I am finding very little help in finding an affordable chair in this price range, everyone tells me to just go to a used office furniture store, but they forget I cannot easily bring home chairs and stuff like this.

I do not care that it looks like a race car chair...

I have made up my mind and will be buying this chair in a few weeks.

Thanks for listing the review [H]!

Back