Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980Ti 6GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980Ti 6GB is on the test bench at eTeknix today. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

Gigabyte is one of the many manufacturers that have given the 980Ti the magic treatment with a revamped version of the G1 Gaming that we previously had a glimpse of at Computex 2015. It definitely looks the part, but we didn’t know the specification apart from a memory clock of 7010MHz and that it would have a similar cooling capacity of previous G1 Gaming cards of 600W.

This is on my shortlist of GTX980-Ti's. The other is the Zotac AMP! EXTREME!!!. The Gigabyte one seems more reasonable.

Having personally used the GIGABYTE card, I like it quite a bit, the design is appealing to me, and it has a high factory overclock and overclocks very well. So far it is the only 980 Ti I've come across that can exceed the 110% power target, surely a big plus.

Having personally used the GIGABYTE card, I like it quite a bit, the design is appealing to me, and it has a high factory overclock and overclocks very well. So far it is the only 980 Ti I've come across that can exceed the 110% power target, surely a big plus.
But the power target can be based on a different TDP. The early MSI Gaming cards sent to reviewers had 120% power target but it was based off a 250 watt TDP. The shipping MSI Gaming cards had a 109% power target but it was based off a 275 watt TDP. In the end both cards had the same max 300 watt limit.

I was very disappointed with its noise levels. They did release a BIOS that drops the fan RPMs but I still think it might be a tad loud.

Back