Random [H] Sighting

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at Arctos Lasertechnik, makers of ultra high end laser show and custom laser systems, found this random [H] sighting in their CNC shop where they make custom coolers for their laser systems. I think someone must be a [H] reader. :cool:

That looks pretty friggin awesome. Some great CNC work.

Firstly, thanks for the shout out Steve, much appreciated and thank you Kyle for the kind words. Everyone here takes much pride in build quality and reliability. To go on tour, requires the systems to take the knocks - it's effectively lab equipment in the field.

Besides light shows, what are their lasers used for?

Hello, been an [H] forum user for nearly four years, plus a very long time reader, however prefer to keep work/private time separate, hence the new account.

Large majority of systems are used for light shows, special effects, some for laser art - like global rainbow. I have personally used my systems in New Zealand, for film effects in MTVs upcoming Shannara Chronicles series and other nationwide advertising campaigns. You can also see Arctos Lasers in Transformers, especially in Oblivion - the drones have our standard systems incorporated in them with some custom optics, courtesy of a US partner, Lightwave international.

Some end users utilize systems or modules for rather experimental purposes; e.g. infrared laser systems for tracking objects, with infrared cameras. Other systems can even be used for driving HUDs and similar. Often it is not known - the customer simply needs a laser system, built to a certain specification for development.

Some new stuff in the pipeline will be targeted for industrial and other uses, e.g. biological control systems.

Most work these days is custom, built to order. On that note, an interesting CNC case build is coming up.

Cheers [H]ardocp.

And perhaps we can do sharks with frickin' laser beams one day..

Back