Steve Wozniak Loves The New Steve Jobs Movie

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I was going to see it anyway because of Michael Fassbender (who reportedly gives an Oscar-worthy performance), but Woz seems to be pretty impressed by the new Steve Jobs film. Will you be seeing it?

Wozniak told me that, unlike the Jobs biopic with Ashton Kutcher, this one is totally authentic. “I saw a rough cut and I felt like I was actually watching Steve Jobs and the others (including Rogen’s dead-on portrayal of Wozniak), not actors playing them, I give full credit to Danny Boyle and Aaron Sorkin for getting it so right,” he enthusiastically told me.

Not sure why I would want to see a movie about a piece of shit when I can just go to my backyard and stare at dog turds.

Michael Fassbender is awesome. I'll give this a watch (I haven't watched any of the other movies other than the excellent Pirates of Silicon Valley). Not a fan of Jobs at all, but it could be interesting.

Fassbender better do a hell of a performance as the guy looks nothing like Jobs in the previews.

Fassbender!?! Crap....I thought they'd gone with the idea to motion-capture Andy Serkis and slap a CGI Jobs over him... :(

If the film is realistic and Jobs isn't portrayed has a god and an great inventor/creator, I might see it.

They need to cover the real Jobs and not some fairy tale like denying his child to avoid child support, not paying DMV registration like everyone else, lying to and cheating his own business partner Woz out of a deal, etc.

I fully understand this guy was cutthroat and probably did a lot of underhanded things.

But what I do know is you don't make your way to the top of corporate America by giving handouts and being nice (unless you're a politician of course, lol).

Fassbender better do a hell of a performance as the guy looks nothing like Jobs in the previews.

It's hard to get somebody to look like the biggest asshole in the world. Give anybody credit for trying.

Fassbender can act. Let's see how this goes.

Actually about half of Kutcher's Jobs movie isn't bad. I enjoyed it. But it has "3rd act problems" as they say. But Ashton didn't do a horrible job. Jobs. Heh, LOL, wtfbbq!

Michael Fassbender > 10,000 Ashton Kutchers

Kutcher was as good as he is capable of being when he was Kelso. Though his Kelso sucked on 2.5 Men.

Danny Boyle is one of the best and also one of the most underrated directors of all time, so I'd expect this movie to likely be the best there is at capturing the subject material on screen.

Anyhow, how come there has never been a movie about Jonas Edward Salk? Now there's someone that made a huge, huge, mother flowering huge contribution to mankind.

One of the shorts in Cathedrals of Culture talks about a building named after him.

There's also The Shot Felt Around the World, and a lot of of TV documentaries.

It's ironic that you mention him since he later hated the attention he got from the press as it alienated him from his staff and a lot of the science community and as a result he got little to no praise there. I wouldn't doubt that a major picture was never made because he was against the idea. No matter if you try to share the credit, or hog it you are going to piss someone off.

They need to cover the real Jobs and not some fairy tale like denying his child to avoid child support, not paying DMV registration like everyone else, lying to and cheating his own business partner Woz out of a deal, etc.
Have you seen any of the trailers for this film at all? I think you'll be quite surprised.

I wonder if Fassbender stayed true to Jobs and never showered or used deodorant and then wore everyone else's patience real thin with the stench.

I wonder if Fassbender stayed true to Jobs and never showered or used deodorant and then wore everyone else's patience real thin with the stench.

If anyone was offended by Jobs' odor, then they weren't smelling him right.

You are confusing Shie Le Douche with Fassbender and the movie was Fury.

I fully understand this guy was cutthroat and probably did a lot of underhanded things. But what I do know is you don't make your way to the top of corporate America by giving handouts and being nice (unless you're a politician of course, lol).
Yes, you can demand that you get every cent that you can. But that doesn't mean you have to be a prick. Thing is, people know when they're doing something wrong. An easy example is this: You've had a secretary for 20 years. She's done a terrific job, knows everything about the business, does a huge amount of work for you so you don't even have to look at the paperwork twice as she's already made the moves necessary for your projects. But you have a new, hot girlfriend that you can hire for half the salary (so you can justify the change to your boss), so you fire your secretary and hire your girlfriend so you can screw her every day all day, and have someone from the secretarial pool do the actual work. In short, you replace an excellent worker for two other ones, saving nothing, but getting blown a few more times a day until you get tired of her and do the whole thing over again, screwing (literally and figuratively) another pair of women.

That's being a prick for absolutely no decent reason. If you're that good at your job you can duck out for your breaks and get blown on your own time. Not the companies dime.

Back