A Mega Man Movie Is A Go At Fox

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
It looks like the Blue Bomber is coming to the big screen. I have no clue how any of that is going to translate to cinema (assuming they even go live action, and not an animated feature), but whoever composes for it should totally use the original soundtracks for inspiration.

20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment have started development on a fan favorite in the video game world. Heralded as one of the most popular video game franchises in history, MEGA MAN is now on his way to the big screen. Feel free to be cautiously optimistic.

When was the last time they made a MegaMan game? Also isn't it called RockMan outside of USA? Isn't that the reason the creator of MegaMan went and made Might Number 9? The movie sounds like ass before it's conception.

MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png

I think there is an actual maga that has story might have only been over in asia though. there was something with the little guy and something with a bunch of guns behind them. I forget that was years ago... are people buying up the old properties and seeing what people will buy since so many of those games were fun even though the graphics were good for the day but not really all that more than sihoulttes?

I hope they don't do it with living people, this should be a very good animated movie.

Well, the Japanese seem to do well with these sort of things. Space Battleship Yamato is a fantastic live action movie. :) (Even though I have to use English subtitles to know what they are saying.) I am glad the US market did not get ahold of that because they would have bastardized it.

There has been a fan made movie on youtube for a few years now. It isn't the best, but had it been done with a real budget I don't think it would have been that bad. Followed basically the story of the first game with a few changes such as adding Zero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLqmH77g_s

I'm physically cringing at this...I really love mega man, the old ones which is why I can't wait for mighty no.9. I just can't see it making a movie though. Mega man was a product of its time, a really snacking platformer with a mediocre story attached. They might be able to do something if they go full on anime, but western animation style? No, just no. Live action and I'll just die a little inside, live action based on a game = shit, no exceptions.

Ugh screw auto correct and me not proofreading. Snacking = amazing, not even sure how it got that.

I'm physically cringing at this...I really love mega man, the old ones which is why I can't wait for mighty no.9. I just can't see it making a movie though. Mega man was a product of its time, a really snacking platformer with a mediocre story attached. They might be able to do something if they go full on anime, but western animation style? No, just no. Live action and I'll just die a little inside, live action based on a game = shit, no exceptions.

Then don't watch that link I posted above. you will die then. That said, not all movies based on games are shit. Unless you expect them to be 100% accurate on all levels. The problem is that you can't. you can't take a multi hour game and make it be a 1 - 2 hour movie. That said, while they did change some stuff I thought that silent hill made for a good movie series. It had a good amount of the actual game lore and content (horn before the world switched from normal to hell) while changing enough to make it fit into a movie length story. Its no different than a book being made into a movie. Or comics being made into movies. Do you think all the Marvel & DC movies / shows are shit because they don't follow the comic books 100%? Something can still be enjoyable by giving you a new twist on an old story.

Ugh screw auto correct and me not proofreading. Snacking = amazing, not even sure how it got that.

I prefer snacking platformers lol sounds delicious :D

Then don't watch that link I posted above. you will die then. That said, not all movies based on games are shit. Unless you expect them to be 100% accurate on all levels. The problem is that you can't. you can't take a multi hour game and make it be a 1 - 2 hour movie. That said, while they did change some stuff I thought that silent hill made for a good movie series. It had a good amount of the actual game lore and content (horn before the world switched from normal to hell) while changing enough to make it fit into a movie length story. Its no different than a book being made into a movie. Or comics being made into movies. Do you think all the Marvel & DC movies / shows are shit because they don't follow the comic books 100%? Something can still be enjoyable by giving you a new twist on an old story.

I prefer snacking platformers lol sounds delicious :D

All games made into live action are shit.. no exceptions. I've watched them all and every single one is a travesty.

No actually I don't expect them to stick to the game plot accurately. I expect them to make a good movie. I'll grant artistic license so long as it's recognizable. Every single one I've seen wasn't good by any metric.

Actually since you mention it, I prefer most of the super hero movies to the comics. I think marvel and dc have really done a stellar job with those. It's possible that group could take a video game and make a good movie out of it, but why would they. Thus far though all gaming movies are made by groups who clearly don't understand gamers.

All games made into live action are shit.. no exceptions. I've watched them all and every single one is a travesty.

No actually I don't expect them to stick to the game plot accurately. I expect them to make a good movie. I'll grant artistic license so long as it's recognizable. Every single one I've seen wasn't good by any metric.

Actually since you mention it, I prefer most of the super hero movies to the comics. I think marvel and dc have really done a stellar job with those. It's possible that group could take a video game and make a good movie out of it, but why would they. Thus far though all gaming movies are made by groups who clearly don't understand gamers.

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree lol

Phoenix Wright was good...

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree lol

I guess, but they are even all rated badly, so there is that.

On my phone so a pain to multi quote. Phoenix Wright? Really? You should feel bad for sitting through more than 20 minutes of that train wreck.

That fps concept seems... eh... not exactly great. Maybe it's because I'm not a bit FPS fan.

Though the dash attack is pretty bad ass.

I guess, but they are even all rated badly, so there is that.

On my phone so a pain to multi quote. Phoenix Wright? Really? You should feel bad for sitting through more than 20 minutes of that train wreck.

there are a number of law professors that use it as one of the FEW good examples of a court room in a movie or TV show XD it does a better job then just about every US court room drama lol

Back