LinkedIn Slams Google for Its ‘Flawed’ Mobile App Study

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uh oh, it looks like LinkedIn is pissed off at Google over the changes the search giant has made to its mobile search results.

Several companies were wary of Google’s move, particularly those that make their living on their app and like to hawk it in as many ways as possible. One of those companies, LinkedIn, aired that wariness publicly. Omar Restom, a mobile product manager for the professional networking site, wrote a post on Tuesday evening calling Google’s study “quite flawed.”

LinkedIn is complaining when they're doing shady things like sending out fake network requests from people that never sent them?

Interstitials or page overlays are without a doubt two of the most annoying ad types ... and of course, in Apple's infinite wisdom, ad blockers are unavailable on their devices (so you can't avoid the damn things).

I've taken to providing the email [email protected] or f***@off.com to any ads that pop up. It won't do anything but at least I feel a bit better. :)

LinkedIn having the nerve to complain about anything is comedy considering how shady their business practices are.

LinkedIn is complaining when they're doing shady things like sending out fake network requests from people that never sent them?

AFAIK, they don't do that, its the phishing fake linkedin account.

Interstitials or page overlays are without a doubt two of the most annoying ad types ... and of course, in Apple's infinite wisdom, ad blockers are unavailable on their devices (so you can't avoid the damn things).

I've taken to providing the email [email protected] or f***@off.com to any ads that pop up. It won't do anything but at least I feel a bit better. :)

I always use "[email protected]" or "[email protected]" or "[email protected]", whereby companyname is the name of the company trying to get my details, and then proceed to check box every single newsletter option they have.

I hate those full-screen app-nags that they're talking about, especially when it's some forum I've never likely to come back to (which it nearly always is).

"Joe's Forum is using stupidtalk forum, download our app now!!"

I'd entrust Facebook with more info than I would LinkedIn. LinkedIn is shady as fuck. They have link suggestions for people I've recently emailed sometimes, but I've never installed their app, nor granted them access to any of my contacts.

I'd entrust Facebook with more info than I would LinkedIn. LinkedIn is shady as fuck. They have link suggestions for people I've recently emailed sometimes, but I've never installed their app, nor granted them access to any of my contacts.

You probably don't want to know how exactly Facebook collect your data and what they use it for......

It's..... disturbing... at a extreme level.... once you know what they are doing.... :eek:

Back