Intel Announces its 6th Gen Intel Core Processor Family

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today Intel Corporation introduced the 6th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family, the company's best processors ever. The launch marks a turning point in people's relationship with computers. The 6th Gen Intel Core processors deliver enhanced performance and new immersive experiences at the lowest power levels ever and also support the broadest range of device designs – from the ultra-mobile compute stick, to 2 in 1s and huge high-definition All-in-One desktops, to new mobile workstations.

The new 6th Gen Intel Core processor family enables a broad range of designs to fit virtually every need. Intel® Core™ M processors, which can offer twice the performance of leading premium tablets, will now include brand levels Intel Core m3, m5 and m7 processors to provide people with more clarity and choice in finding the Intel Core M processor-based device that best meets their specific needs. The Intel® Compute Stick lineup expands to include a version powered by the 6th Gen Intel Core M processor.

This new generation of Intel processors also includes several firsts for mobile designs: a mobile "K" SKU that is unlocked to enable overclocking with even more user control, a new quad-core Intel® Core™ i5 processor that offers up to 60 percent improved mobile multitasking, and the Intel® Xeon® E3 processor family now powering mobile workstations. The 6th Gen Intel Core processors deliver significant improvements in graphics performance to offer stunning visuals for gaming as well as compelling 4K content creation and media playback. New Intel® Speed Shift technology improves the responsiveness of mobile systems so people can, for example, apply a photo filter up to 45 percent faster.

The i7 and i5 k parts were the only 6th gen processors released till now. This is the rest of the chips in the line. i3, mobile, Celeron etc.

I've been wanting a "PC on a stick" for a long damn time... is this it?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G36F9195&ignorebbr=1

What I really, really want is my primary "PC life" in my pocket via 2 (or 20) USB sticks.
~ 1 = OS on any PC w/ USB & 2~20 = various data sticks...

I want that to run on my 3 home PC's, my work PC, my Dad's TV that has USB, etc.

Will this ever happen?

Apparently not...

What about a "virtual desktop / cloud desktop"?

Can I have a WIN7~10 system hosted somewhere & simply log in from any PC w/ internet access to access my app suite?

In the CPU market, yes. They are basically non-existent.

I'll never buy Intel.

Got an AMD 8150 in gamerPC, two IBM 970MPs in my backup rig, a AMD A-series dual core in the HTPC and a Freescale 7447A in my laptop.

Intel is bad. AMD, IBM & Freescale good.

so this makes AMD, what..... 11 years behind Intel now?

AMD was consistently behind Intel, except for the Athlon anomaly in the early 2000s. Since then, the Empire struck back, and has kept the Rebel Alliance running... .

That said, another 10-15% incremental performance increase from the 6th Generation Core. Woot! Zzz Zzz...

Back