Financed/Leased Phone purchased from zod96

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyatom

Limp Gawd
Today, I received this PM from krazyatom :

Zod96 was able to resolve the problem by exchanging to a non leased phone...Could you update the thread that I created please?

Hello Hardforum fellows,

I am going to start a thread for people who purchased a financed/leased phone from zod96. Mod clearly told me that selling a financed/leased phone is not violating any hardforum FS/FT rules unless phone is blacklisted. I just want to track down the phone if they're blacklisted or paid off from zod96.

PLEASE only reply if you bought a financed or leased phone from zod96. (I do not want mod to lock the thread)

If you bought a phone from zod96, please reply with questions below.

1. Phone Model/Carrier:
2. Purchased date from zod96:
3. Phone current status: financed, paid off, blacklisted.
4. Original FS/FT created by zod96:

You can check your t-mobile phone status here:
http://www.t-mobile.com/verifyIMEI.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Phone Model/Carrier: Samsung Galaxy S6 32gb, Tmobile
2. Purchased date from zod96: 7/15/2015
3. Phone current status: Financed, "This device is being financed and has an outstanding balance that must be paid or it may not be able to be used on the T-Mobile network."
4. Original thread created by zod96: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1868860&highlight=

Last edited:
1. Phone Model/Carrier: Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB, T-Mobile
2. Purchased date from zod96: 5/26/2015
3. Phone current status: Financed, "This device is being financed and has an outstanding balance that must be paid or it may not be able to be used on the T-Mobile network."
4. Original thread created by zod96: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1863204

Last edited:
I bought an unlocked Nexus 6 from him a couple of weeks back. I just checked the IMEI on the t-mobile website and nothing popped up which may make sense if it wasn't bought through t-mobile but rather google themselves. I am using it on verizon though and there doesn't seem to be any problems. He did mention he was using T-mobile. But as the website doesn't pull anything up for this IMEI I can't really help regarding status.

I bought an unlocked Nexus 6 from him a couple of weeks back. I just checked the IMEI on the t-mobile website and nothing popped up which may make sense if it wasn't bought through t-mobile but rather google themselves. I am using it on verizon though and there doesn't seem to be any problems. He did mention he was using T-mobile. But as the website doesn't pull anything up for this IMEI I can't really help regarding status.

If it's pure unlocked version from google, it's probably not tied to any carrier.

Also, I forgot to mention that since the phone is financed, if anything goes wrong with the phone, you have to contact zod96 for support because phone is under his name and all the warranty service must go through him.

1. iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
2. 07/23/2015
3. Will update when I get home but probably Financed.
4. \Thread

1. Phone Model/Carrier: Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB, T-Mobile
2. Purchased date from zod96: 5/26/2015
4. Original thread created by zod96: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1863204

1. iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
2. 07/23/2015
3. Will update when I get home but probably Financed.
4. \Thread

Did zod96 mentioned that phone was leased/financed before you guys paid? He clearly never mentioned anything about phone being leased/financed. I have all his PMs.

Well, I really did not think we needed a rule to state that you actually must own what you are selling. However I think selling anything that you do not own or has a lien on it is clearly illegal behavior and you should have recourse with law enforcement.

That said, I added a rule to the FSFT sheet to spell this out, not that I think it would change anything in this situation. Obviously the seller is out of bounds legally.

Did zod96 mentioned that phone was leased/financed before you guys paid? He clearly never mentioned anything about phone being leased/financed. I have all his PMs.

Yes, he actually did tell me that it was financed through his work. I didn't mind it then nor do I mind it now all that much. He's been on [H] for a while and sells a lot of stuff so hopefully nothing goes wrong. Of course my opinion could change if it gets locked, but again, I took the risk.

Today, I received this PM from krazyatom :

Zod96 was able to resolve the problem by exchanging to a non leased phone...Could you update the thread that I created please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back