India Accuses Google Of Gaming Search Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google has 10 days to respond to allegations that its search results favor its own products and services over the ones users actually wanted.

As with the EU's investigation, the company is believed to be pushing its own products ahead of those actually wanted (or needed) by users. In one example, this means that CNBC's India-based investment site MoneyControl will get second-billing to Google Finance, even if the former is more popular.

I always find it humorous when countries that are known for being amoral and corrupt complain about someone else not playing fair.

I really would like for Google to say, "Or else what?" just to see what would happen.

Last I heard, "the Google search engine" is owned by Google. The domain is owned by Google. And, other than collecting your search data, they don't charge for it. I'm trying to see what the "issue" is. Bing favors MS flavored results, and Yahoo does the same. So...

Last I heard, "the Google search engine" is owned by Google. The domain is owned by Google. And, other than collecting your search data, they don't charge for it. I'm trying to see what the "issue" is. Bing favors MS flavored results, and Yahoo does the same. So...

+1 to that!!

Breaking news!

India's top law makers decide that it will trust google if it google can balance 45kg of stones on its head.
India has had great success with this method in the past, using it to determine if raped wives are worthy of staying with their husbands.

....and these people have nukes...

Breaking news!

India's top law makers decide that it will trust google if it google can balance 45kg of stones on its head.
India has had great success with this method in the past, using it to determine if raped wives are worthy of staying with their husbands.

i hope you realise 95 percent of rapes in india are false

fuck it if India wins I'm going next in the lawsuit. "I typed in a search term and the first two-three links are always links with a little yellow box next to it that says AD, that yellow box makes me look more at that result, and they're always before what I actually am looking for!!!"

What I want to know is... if they knew what they were looking for already, why are they using Google to search what they wanted / needed? If they were searching, then... logic says they did not know what they were looking for... or maybe they need to learn to actually use Google to search.

<sigh>

consisdering the things that india has done since the quit tax converstion of what was that tech plant where they trained all the workers over here then when they went home and simply raised the taxes on the building until the company simply pulled out of the country. There are decent people in the county but when you believe that doing something exactly the same makes it perfect, no matter how warped it was the first time, tends to show that your culture values accuracy over facts. So if they search for google ten thousand times if they have a company that calls it self google and offers search results it will never show up and google will show up. But to be funny google is corp so they should laugh and say as a corporation they have a head(quarter) upon which a couple thousand kilograms of stone can rest comfortable. But at the end of the day really if india wants to control what their people do they way china and iran do they are going to no matter what google or anyone else enlightened says because india and pakistani have been fighting a war of hearts and minds for the last what thousand years and there is no end in sight to their conflict. If something like that is going to be there answer to a stupid question they do not even remember I ask someone when I went through there many years ago to talk to someone in the area. My guess they simply want to have google provide google with a name like new delphi results or what ever the flavor of the month is. Personally I've found that when I was kid they had to take down tv anttenas from the roofs to shoot movies there but as they did something to have their population sprial out of control like crazy they become more insluiure and worried about their neighbors. they will likely just show people the difference between what they sell for phones and what they get from other countries but do not work on their network because the only cell system in the country is a set of repeaters carring the home network that the company above used. it is why they get away with the wires they use but I figure once they lock down what they see they will start sending canon fodder at their neighbors by telling them the indiains are coming so to speak... I just hope they do not sneak more of the problems in this country if they are whining about google not giving them free stuff like china did.

India should start creating its own shit instead of piggybacking on the R&D of western nation. This applies to China as well.

Breaking news!

India has 1.2 billion people. The people controlling the nukes arent the people you mentioned above.

They are still corrupt as hell though :(

Lol at the racist pricks here on H: ever seen the # of Indians/Asians in SV campuses? And the CEOs of Google and MS are Indian....paid hundreds of millions by these firms...rednecks call them cheap foreign labor :)

Back